The production on Springsteen's Magic...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Sorry to be late to the debate but can anyone tell me the technical reason why it sounds so tinny and flat?

Its ruined the album for me, the whole album sounds like ringtones even on a good stereo.
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    really? i don't think it sounds THAT bad. everything is very bunched together but at least it doesn't sound like Human Touch/Lucky Town era Springsteen!

hard to believe that the production ruined the album for you.... i take that back, there is alot of stuff out there w/ horrible production that i just can't listen to... so i see your point. ah, but the songs on Magic are just so good!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I agree with this. It doesen't ruin the album for me, and normally I never have an ear for this type of stuff. But this album really doesen't sound good. It's too...clunky? That sounds really pendantic but it really bugs me. Maybe there's too many members of the E-Street Band and it's sort of an obligation to use them all for every song. It's a shame becuase the songs live sound brilliant (like Girls In Their Summer Clothes)

I'm glad there's more of a modern sound now, and that he's moved away from the cheesey stuff from the early 90s as the above poster said. But it's weird, because Brendan O Brian is great with other bands, IMO (Pearl Jam, Velvet Revolver, Audioslave).

Don't get me wrong, I still love the album.
  • i guess i was a little harsh, it hasn't completely ruined it for me as i agree Magic is a strong set of songs, the production just makes the whole album the same, maybe it needs more time to grow on me.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton