29 - Ryan Adams

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Beautiful record.

'Elizabeth, Yo Were Born To Play That Part' really hits home.....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    It's not my favorite of Ryan's album, but there are some great songs on 29. I also think "Elizabeth" is great. "Blue Sky Blues" and "Night Birds" are couple more of my favorites. In my opinion this has to be Ryan's most eerie, emotional record. As much as I appreciate the desperate feeling of 29, it's a relief to know that he's supposedly straightened out his life since the recording of it. I'm not much of a fan of Easy Tiger, but I'd rather have a mediocre Ryan than a dead one.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    soclose wrote:
    It's not my favorite of Ryan's album, but there are some great songs on 29. I also think "Elizabeth" is great. "Blue Sky Blues" and "Night Birds" are couple more of my favorites. In my opinion this has to be Ryan's most eerie, emotional record. As much as I appreciate the desperate feeling of 29, it's a relief to know that he's supposedly straightened out his life since the recording of it. I'm not much of a fan of Easy Tiger, but I'd rather have a mediocre Ryan than a dead one.

yeah, they're my other two favourite songs on there.....

Same here though, a bit let down with Easy Tiger.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i only own easy tiger and heartbreaker. I love them both.

when money allows i want to buy all of his albums so i look forward to checking this one out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I am wondering when that first Ryan Adams clunker is going to come. I love 29.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    yeah, they're my other two favourite songs on there.....

Same here though, a bit let down with Easy Tiger.....
    easy tiger took a long time to grow on me but it's essential ryan adams when it finally clicks. fav song from 29 would have to be strawberry wine :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • i would say catching a cardinals show would sell most anybody on those easy tiger songs. damn they put on one hell of a show. the live versions of those songs kill the studio ones.
  • joejohnjoejohn Posts: 30
    29 is very underrated.
  • 29 is one of the best records ever made, seriously. It's so goddamn good. Perfect from beginning to end. And completely miserable.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.