Options

Pearl Jam Tour Announcement!

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    PJPixie wrote:
    You are the first one I thought of when I read the FLORIDA dates!! For some reason I can't get onto Messenger from work today! I wanted to send you a big hug!!

Thank you chickie!
    I'm so excited I think I'm might combust...
    I'll be hmmmmmm like 5 months pregnant around that time I think.. but Mike, me and my little unborn jammer will be there FO' SURE!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,935
    Thank you chickie!
    I'm so excited I think I'm might combust...
    I'll be hmmmmmm like 5 months pregnant around that time I think.. but Mike, me and my little unborn jammer will be there FO' SURE!!
    good for you!!!!

i thought of YOU the second i saw those Florida dates...

RIGHT ON!!!!! have fun...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    now my planning begins...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    feeder wrote:
    So, they're playing in Tampa, FL and Bonnaroo in TN on the same day, June 12th?

Am I missing something?

They play on the 15th at Bonarro...
  • Options
    good for you!!!!

i thought of YOU the second i saw those Florida dates...

RIGHT ON!!!!! have fun...

Thanks SPEEDY! :D
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    nice!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    All of this hype and ballyhoo for a measly 10 show mini-tour?

Yipee.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    How much are tickets roughly?
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,317
    60-70 would be my guess!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    edwf2000 wrote:
    yeah, its strange that they didn't post the price for a pair like they normally do.
    I'm sure they figured there'd be plenty of bitching just with the tour dates announcement from everyone not near a show, so why exacerbate the situation by posting reasonable ticket prices that will cause some to bitch "why aren't they still charging $23.00 like in 1994, I thought this band had a conscience and fought ticketmaster, now they've sold out cause they expect me to pay $65 for a three hour show with widely varied setlist while The Police charge a mere $225 for a 100 minute show with zero set list shake-up".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    bravo poncier..

nicely put.
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Poncier wrote:
    I'm sure they figured there'd be plenty of bitching just with the tour dates announcement from everyone not near a show, so why exacerbate the situation by posting reasonable ticket prices that will cause some to bitch "why aren't they still charging $23.00 like in 1994, I thought this band had a conscience and fought ticketmaster, now they've sold out cause they expect me to pay $65 for a three hour show with widely varied setlist while The Police charge a mere $225 for a 100 minute show with zero set list shake-up".
    haha, My ticket in '96 was 21.50 total. I remember the day they went on sale, I had everyone I know on the phone and gave $20 to the person that got through (my future sis in law).....I would pay 225 for a PJ show...easy

I also like how they are randomizing a few rows up close. That is pretty cool and fair for everyone.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243

Yipee.
    I think it was self-induced hype. Even if the news was 5 new albums and everyone got their own personal "happy birthday" phone call from the band, and played a show in everyone's backyard, while tossing $100 bills at your family....people would still feel let down and pissed
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options

Yipee.

Where's the Love for TEXAS??????

F%@k
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    Has there ever been an Official Statement on the Downloads? why did they stop after 6 years? will they pick it up again?

anyone?
  • Options
    It looks like I know what I'll be doing right after graduation! Road trip! I hope to meet some of you along the way...
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Where's the Love for TEXAS??????

F%@k

It seems to me they have no desire to play the 2nd largest state, or 3 of the top 10 largest cities. We are looking back at 2003 as a very distant memory.
    This maybe explains why I'm not an uber fan anymore. They put on a good show, & I love the songs, but I'm not spending upwards of 500-800 to travel & see them. The closest they come to Tx is Tampa, gee nothing like a nice, short 1400 mile drive. Seems like the "tweet" was a nice way to get some new funds. I'm glad they enjoy playing for the same crowds every tour.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    come june 17th we will be seeing pj this year :) good news day.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    great idea for the random seats. hope we get another tweet for the west coast! all those that can make an east coast show, have fun :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    Why would they not come to ATLANTA? Oh well, looks like I'll be making a trip to Columbia! See some of you guys there

Bonnaroo ruined any chance of an Atlanta date, artists playing at Bonnaroo are required not to play within a certain time/distance of Bonnaroo, something like 30 days before or after and within 500 miles?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    moan moan moan moan moan!

get up off yer arses and book a flight - don't let all the europeans invade the place! I, for one, am booking flights!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Jennytree wrote:
    moan moan moan moan moan!

get up off yer arses and book a flight - don't let all the europeans invade the place! I, for one, am booking flights!!

Yeah, I plan on going to NY (providing I get tickets).

Irish on tour!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    goto_l wrote:
    It seems to me they have no desire to play the 2nd largest state, or 3 of the top 10 largest cities. We are looking back at 2003 as a very distant memory.
    This maybe explains why I'm not an uber fan anymore. They put on a good show, & I love the songs, but I'm not spending upwards of 500-800 to travel & see them. The closest they come to Tx is Tampa, gee nothing like a nice, short 1400 mile drive. Seems like the "tweet" was a nice way to get some new funds. I'm glad they enjoy playing for the same crowds every tour.

Nicely said!!!!

WORD!
  • Options
    FUCK YES! Just called my mom and sucked up and said since my sis is having her wedding on my b-day and the MSG shows are 24-25th she said she can help me out with the tickets! I just might be going! FUCK YEA!
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    It's a privilege, not a right, to see Pearl Jam live.

Some of you should stop complaining. I bet there are places in the world you personally have no desire to go, so maybe the band doesn't have a desire to come to your town.

Deal with it. Or move.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    This is awesome news!
    Hoping to attend NY1,NY2 and CT.

To all fans and 10C members, Good Luck!
    It's time for some PEARL JAM!
  • Options
    This rules.

Here I come MSG1, MSG2 & CT. Do i hear a MA in there?
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    congrats east coast hope they come out to the west coast i guess this makes up for the ed solo dates
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    i was already planning on being in new york on those exact days with my new wife on our honeymoon. i may hyperventilate here. hopefully i get lucky enough to get tix...oh please...
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    A lot of people here are convinced they'll get tickets to MSG. I hope there's enough and no one is disappointed...
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
This discussion has been closed.