4th Of July...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in Other Music
No band can groove like Sondgarden...

fuck me, such an awesome song.....

going through a huge Soundgarden binge at the minute.....
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    No band can groove like Sondgarden...

fuck me, such an awesome song.....

going through a huge Soundgarden binge at the minute.....

oh ye me too
  • same here!!! last night was drunk and stoned with my buddies and were taking turns with our ipods. i played searching with my good eye closed, blind dogs, hiv baby and like suicide(acoustic). such a great band!!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Great song on a great album by an AMAZING band!!!!!
  • Thought you were talking about the band X for a second.
    ;)

"Sondgarden" is pretty fucking amazing as well.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Great song on a great album by an AMAZING band!!!!!

+1 on that one

Fucking amazing song! :D
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Does this song remind anyone else of Terminator 2? You know the whole nuclear attack/apocalypse thing. It is my favorite track from Superunknown.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.

I've no idea what the band's lyrics are about half of the time, but they still sound pretty cool.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    4th of July is an awesome song. I can't get enough of it.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    This song just takes me to another place. I can almost see the red sky and feel the ash hitting my face... the imagery is amazing. It's so apocolyptic, but that's the brilliance of it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Who is this Sondgarden you speak of?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• muppet wrote:
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.

I've no idea what the band's lyrics are about half of the time, but they still sound pretty cool.

I was just about to quote that line. Incredible song.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I'm sure glad that a lot of others out there appreciate this song as much as I do. It's easily one of my favorite songs by SG. I played this song for my fiance and she was like, "what the fuck is this shit?" I was dumbfounded that somebody wouldn't dig this song.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Definitely one of their best. Such an unusual song, and further proof of this band's jaw-dropping talent - they were so ahead of their time.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    prolly one of my top five soundgarden tunes

honestly for me that album gets better and beter every time i listen to it, incredible stuff
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    tnt358 wrote:
    prolly one of my top five soundgarden tunes

honestly for me that album gets better and beter every time i listen to it, incredible stuff

Yep, ive been listening to this album pretty much non stop this past week.....

they were such an amazing band.....

just had to make a thread about 4th of July, just a beautifuly dark song.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    One of my favorite Soundgarden songs. It doesn't get nearly enough credit for being such a kick ass song.
    Brian
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    On a side note, Cornell has been playing a Slaves and Bulldozers/4th of July/Whole Lotta Love medley to close his concerts lately. I saw it on a DVD that I downloaded and its AMAZING. Too bad I didn't see it at the two shows I was at though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    DOSW wrote:
    On a side note, Cornell has been playing a Slaves and Bulldozers/4th of July/Whole Lotta Love medley to close his concerts lately. I saw it on a DVD that I downloaded and its AMAZING. Too bad I didn't see it at the two shows I was at though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df1j8X_xwho
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Truely incredible track.

But, I think we could easily justify a thread for each single track on Superunknown. It's that good.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    Love that song....How I wish they got back together...
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Duder5k wrote:
    Does this song remind anyone else of Terminator 2? You know the whole nuclear attack/apocalypse thing. It is my favorite track from Superunknown.
    Yes now that you mention it.....it does. I think Fresh Tendrils -> 4th of July is unmatchable by any other band. How can you completely shift mood and feeling so drastically back to back???? Soundgarden, man. Soundgarden :cool:
  • 75Tammy7575Tammy75 Posts: 18
    Shooter Jennings (son of Waylon, former singer of Stargunn) sings a pretty kick ass song by this same title too!
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Awesome song, on an awesome album. I have officially moved Superunknown to up to #2 on my personal favorites of all time after listening to this album (and 4TH OF JULY,) repeatedly for 2 weeks.

SOOO GREAT.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i got this when i was thirteen and this song is the reason for why i love grunge music and bands like pearl jam today. Thank-you Soundgarden and Chris Cornell.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    DOSW wrote:

Anyone who says Cornell still doesn't have it then watch this video. Oh yeah, he's got it.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.