Kid A...

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited December 2007 in Other Music
is beautiful...

dont understand the hostility to this record....

How To Disappear Completely, Treefingers, Optimistic and In Limbo are just so atmospheric...and seem to be going well with this cold weather right now........
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Everything in Its Right Place and National Anthem are my favorites. Also a big fan of Optimistic.

I shyed away from getting this CD for too long. I'm glad I finally got it.
  • some people want to hear creep and karma police.

the album is very highly regarded actually. just old RH fans trash it. same as the people who say PJ haven;t put anything good out since vitalogy.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Kid A is my favorite Radiohead song... it's just so beautiful and when it comes on, it just gives me such a euphoric feeling. Such a lovely album as well... definitely my favorite from them. More props goes to it because of the songs performed live, since on the album, it sounds as if it was all electronically made and when they play it live, it's all live instruments.... seriously, Idioteque live... when he screams "Ice age coming, ice age coming" and Phil breaks in with the drumming... so fucking nice.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Such a beautiful album and you are right, perfect for this season. This is my 2nd favourite radiohead cd, and it does not lose by much. Probably the best 4 songs to start any radiohead album, and then you get to Optimistic and Ideoteque and just wow. I have not been to a live show unfortunatly, but i've seen/heard numerous live recording and Blind Melon is right, the album sounds insane live.
    Thank you, i decided to turn it on, time to drift away
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I listened to Kid A after reading your post. I hadn't listened to this album for long.

Some really great tunes on it.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Would take it over OK Computer
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Kid A is a great record. I just fell in love with "National Anthem" and "Morning Bell" when I first heard them. I will say it is probably radio heads most obscure/ experimental records, but still great none the less. I don't really consider Amnesiiac to be their most experimental although it probably is. I do like the slower morning bell on Amnesiac too though.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    My 3000th post says...

Kid A is awesome. Best Radiohead record, followed closely by OK Computer.

How to disappear completely, Kid A, Idioteque, Motion Picture Soundtrack. All awesome.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Agreed. Everything in its Right Place is probably my favourite RH tune.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    dont understand the hostility to this record....

Why not? It is the most successful album ever @ completely dividing a fan base. I loved it, but I can see how someone who was waiting for another OK Computer felt.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Everything is definitely in its right place when it comes to this album. :o I worship it to no end! It was actually the album that got me really, really into them. Stranded in Nebraska for a few months...snowing non-stop ...trapped inside all day and listening to this album over and over and over. Good god! It connected with me in a way I can't even put into words. I know you all know that feeling though. HUGE and life-altering. As a result I feel a special bond with Kid A. It's part of me now. I think it's a beautiful, brilliant work of art from start to finish. It's so dark and vivid all at once. So many mind-blowing sounds going on too. :o I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE ENTIRE MOOD AND FEELING IT CREATES! Yes! I'm glad you guys mentioned that. And I totally hear you all on the seasonal thing too. It's true! This is without a doubt one of my most listened to "winter albums". Everything about it compliments this time of year so perfectly.

*sigh*

Ok...I think it's time for a listen. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • I've seen a lot of reviews saying that Kid A was trash because it lacked guitars and had few vocals. People also don't like that the album is so electronic, they say it lacks any human touch.

Those same people totally miss the point.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    haven't listened to this album in ages. think i should dust it off and give it a spin.

national anthem is epic
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    glasshouse wrote:
    haven't listened to this album in ages. think i should dust it off and give it a spin.

national anthem is epic

+1. Definitely one of my favorite Radiohead songs. I can listen to that song a million times and still hear different things from it.

Kid A definitely has the most depth of any RH album. If I were going to be stranded on a desert island and could only take 5 albums, that would definitely be on there. It's like nothing I've ever heard really. Classic.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win