Counting Crows - 1492

Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
edited March 2008 in Other Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG8veGmU2r8&feature=user

sorry if this has been posted already...
'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'd heard the song but not seen this video. It's a great song, can't wait for the record.

Just found this video of the new song Cowboys, fan-fucking-tastic! So good to have them back and rocking like absolute muthas! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCrbgD9sMg
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I just heard the whole album last night. So far 1492 is the only song I like but I'm hoping the other songs will grow on me. You can find the whole album on bittorrent websites now.
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    It seems like CC are doing what a lot of people want a lot of bands to do: go back and make music that sounds like their earlier stuff...

So far, everything I've heard (Cowboys, 1492, You Can't Count on Me) could have been on either AAEA or Recovering the Satellites...
    NakedClown wrote:
    It seems like CC are doing what a lot of people want a lot of bands to do: go back and make music that sounds like their earlier stuff...

So far, everything I've heard (Cowboys, 1492, You Can't Count on Me) could have been on either AAEA or Recovering the Satellites...

I do see your point, although 1492 is certainly the most aggressive thing they have ever done, Cowboys aint too far behind it either. More importantly I think they're very solid songs.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I do see your point, although 1492 is certainly the most aggressive thing they have ever done, Cowboys aint too far behind it either. More importantly I think they're very solid songs.

Agreed.....

Im very much looking forward to this album.....

They really are back on form......

and thanks for posting a link to Cowboys by the way :)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
    Agreed.....

Im very much looking forward to this album.....

and thanks for posting a link to Cowboys by the way :)

No worries. I'm sneakily downloading the album as we speak! I think it's gonna be dueling with the new REM album for quite some time on my cd player!
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    While I agree on the general level of awesomeness, I would argue that Angels of the Silences is just as aggressive as 1492 and Cowboys...
    NakedClown wrote:
    While I agree on the general level of awesomeness, I would argue that Angels of the Silences is just as aggressive as 1492 and Cowboys...

No it aint! The vocals when he's going crazy towards the end of 1492, I actually felt an eyebrow raise during that!
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    No it aint! The vocals when he's going crazy towards the end of 1492, I actually felt an eyebrow raise during that!

Definately the most fired up ive heard the Crows...

and yeah, the new REM album will be getting some heavy spin time when it's released...

nice to hear another of my favourite bands back on form and sounding like a band again...
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    NakedClown wrote:

I agree the music in Angels of the Silences is just as heavy as this song. the lyrics aren't quite as angry, so maybe that's the difference.

is the lead guitarist (the one with the mustache who plays the solo on the red guitar) new to the band? he does not look like their previous lead player. that guy had a mustache too, but his hair was lighter and he looked older than the other members. is this a new lineup?

I hope they do make a great comeback. the first 3 albums were pure greatness. 3 of the best from the 90s. Hard Candy or whatever it was called was, ugh.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I agree the music in Angels of the Silences is just as heavy as this song. the lyrics aren't quite as angry, so maybe that's the difference.

is the lead guitarist (the one with the mustache who plays the solo on the red guitar) new to the band? he does not look like their previous lead player. that guy had a mustache too, but his hair was lighter and he looked older than the other members. is this a new lineup?

I hope they do make a great comeback. the first 3 albums were pure greatness. 3 of the best from the 90s. Hard Candy or whatever it was called was, ugh.

They have 3 guitarists, the guy with the tache joined after the first album I think....the guy you are talking about is still in the band. I know they have a new bass player and drummer.

I've listened to about five songs from the new album and they all sound great so far.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Nice, I'm looking fwd to the new CC album.......
    My lips are shaking.......
  • They have 3 guitarists, the guy with the tache joined after the first album I think....the guy you are talking about is still in the band. I know they have a new bass player and drummer.

I've listened to about five songs from the new album and they all sound great so far.

the guy with the tache is david immergluck. you should out his work with the monks of doom, excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PgpcLOacpg
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Wow, this sounds great !
    I don't know well this band.
    Do they have many "rock songs" like this one ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Julien wrote:
    Wow, this sounds great !
    I don't know well this band.
    Do they have many "rock songs" like this one ?

If you like their more rocking stuff check out Angels Of The Silences and Have You Seen Me Lately from their Recovering The Satelites album, both awesome songs. I also love A Murder Of One from their first album, not quite as rocking on record, but the live versions are great.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    wow that is a good rocker from the crows.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!