Options

Sasquatch 2006!!

bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
edited June 2006 in Other Music
just got back.. was anyone else there?

i had a great time.. made it through the hailstorm during neko case's set.. fuck that was insanity
09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    bummmmmp
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Just got back late last night. What an unbelievable show! And how 'bout that crazy-ass hail storm, eh? That was somethin' else. When I noticed how much snow had fallen on the stage, I was worried they were going to cancel the rest of the bands. But thankfully the skies cleard up just in time for the Hip to go on and blow everybody's minds. What a great performance by the boys. That might be the best Hip show I've ever seen. I loved how Gord worked in all those funny rants about the weather. His intro to Nautical Disaster was brilliant.

Other hightlights for me:

Gomez- amazing band!

Neko Case- too bad her set was cut short. I was really enjoying her.

Iron & Wine- loved him. Nice and mellow. He was the perfect soundtrack for laying on the grass up on the hill, soakin' up some rays.

Ben f**king Harper- unbelievable. It was my first time seeing him live, and he didn't disappoint. Just an absolutely incredible performance, and the perfect note for my friends and I to end our evening on. We were all soaking wet and freezing our asses off by the time the Flaming Lips went on, so we ended up leaving about 2 songs in. But man, what a great day!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    *bump*

Here's a cool review of Sasquatch for anybody who's interested. Enjoy!

http://chartattack.com/DAMN/2006/05/3113.cfm
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits