Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones!!

bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Just heard an advance copy of this.. and lemme just say its reaaaally good.. i like the foo fighters a lot especially the old stuff.. wouldn't call myself a huge fan.. but that is why this is awesome.. even the mild foo fans will enjoy this one.. the setlist is wicked and its executed amazingly!
09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    good, cos I am NOT that into their last one, the double-disc In Your Honor, but seeing them at Bridge, they just rocked the house........I pre-ordered Skin & Bones already.....thanks for the good review.
  • Hey , i have already placed some money away , 20th november is the album and dvd released her ein belgium , can not wait to get it :)
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Sawyer wrote:
    is it acoustic?

yes it was recorded during their recent acoustic tour
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Yup its acoustic.. they also have a keyboardist, extra percussion and a violinist which is a nice addition to the songs.

This will definitely be my most listened to Foo release probably since the 3rd album or so.. it just flows so nicely.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    If you like acoustic stuff, check out Mark Lanegan's solo work from 1990-2003.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • its ok, gets a little boring
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    dont think ive EVER heard Marigold aside from the Heart Shaped Box single studio version... its wicked they reworked it for this acoustic set
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    leak?
  • No kidding, a leak of this would be awesome
  • bobasfeet wrote:
    leak?
    yes, it's out there.

I just saw the Foo open for Dylan and their acoustic set was incredible. The songs were so much more powerful and beautiful...so amazing how full they sounded. The songs were reworked perfectly. I've seen the Foo 3 times and that was easily my favorite show.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • No kidding, a leak of this would be awesome

http://www.melaniesemporium.com/piggolo_flopsie_pig.jpg
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • It's streaming on myspace. Go here:

http://www.myspace.com/foofighters
  • Saw them live at the Beacon Theatre was a great show. I would buy the cd for Marigold awesome version, Skin and Bones, and Friend of a Friend. Which Dave wrote while in Nirvana and he told a nice story about the song before he played it.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • I saw em and taped em in Boston..but I will grab this one for sure...
  • I've got the leaked version of it, and this is a great concert. The only thing missing is "Miracle". If they don't release that song as a single it would be the dumbest move of their career. I REALLY love their acoustic stuff
    I've got the leaked version of it, and this is a great concert. The only thing missing is "Miracle". If they don't release that song as a single it would be the dumbest move of their career. I REALLY love their acoustic stuff

is that a new song?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Miracle is on the 2nd disc of In Your Honor, great song
  • Was listening to this earlier. I think it's pretty good.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    wow, listenting to it now, only on 2nd song, but wow, sounds amazing
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Ahhh ok, yeah I remember that one now.. I know the music off the double album but not the track titles that well.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Foo Fighters continue to amaze me... someone gimme a leak link. btw is their myspace stream not working for anyone?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I found it on mininova.org, I am sure if you type it in the search engine you'll find the link.

I thought that performance was phenomenal. I would have preferred if they did Best Of You will the full band and not just Dave accoustic. The band sounded amazing. I will definitly be purchasing this after downloading it for free, cause it sounds that good, I want a permanent copy. Looking forward to the DVD as well

Marigold was a special treat too :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    The Foos did Skin & Bones at the Bridge School Benefit a couple of weeks ago. They were simply amazing...very impressive...The CD of this is supposed to be available to download on iTunes on Nov 14th...Can't wait!!
    be philanthropic
    The Foos did Skin & Bones at the Bridge School Benefit a couple of weeks ago. They were simply amazing...very impressive...The CD of this is supposed to be available to download on iTunes on Nov 14th...Can't wait!!

yeah i'm just listening to the boots of the bridge shows.. definetely helped that they did the skin and bones tour ;) these sets are sounding really good.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Just picked this up today. Reminds me what a great show they put on.