Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim

itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
edited November 2007 in Other Music
wow. it's not often you hear something so beautiful it brings you close to tears, then in the very next bar you're filled with so much joy you think you're gonna burst :o incredible.
Look Alive,
See These Bones
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I really like (), but felt the vocals on the other releases were too high pitched. Are there any songs on this cd were the vocals are sung at a lower register? Or songs like track 8 on (), you know the one that get's pretty heavy at the end (at least for this band).
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really like (), but felt the vocals on the other releases were too high pitched. Are there any songs on this cd were the vocals are sung at a lower register? Or songs like track 8 on (), you know the one that get's pretty heavy at the end (at least for this band).

I'm glad the new one is good. I have not picked it up yet.

I almost consider Sigur Ros an instrumental band because i never have any clue what they are saying lol
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    I really like (), but felt the vocals on the other releases were too high pitched. Are there any songs on this cd were the vocals are sung at a lower register? Or songs like track 8 on (), you know the one that get's pretty heavy at the end (at least for this band).
    it's a bit of a mix, there certainly are a few high pitched songs. Hijomalind on hvarf & the acoustic Staralfur on heim are so goooooood!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    intodeep wrote:

I almost consider Sigur Ros an instrumental band because i never have any clue what they are saying lol

Me too. Since I have no idea what he's singing, it's almost as if his voice is just another instrument on top! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • His voice is an instrument... on some songs, he sings Icelandic (with actual lyrics), but that's only on select songs... on the majority of songs he's singing what Jonsi (the lead singer) calls "Hopelandic"... he describes it as the step before singing with words... it's just like singing so his voice is acting as an instrument. I believe all the songs on this new CD are sung in Hopelandic, if I'm not mistaken.

For example... the album () is all in Hopelandic... there are no lyrics for that album.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    His voice is an instrument... on some songs, he sings Icelandic (with actual lyrics), but that's only on select songs... on the majority of songs he's singing what Jonsi (the lead singer) calls "Hopelandic"... he describes it as the step before singing with words... it's just like singing so his voice is acting as an instrument. I believe all the songs on this new CD are sung in Hopelandic, if I'm not mistaken.

For example... the album () is all in Hopelandic... there are no lyrics for that album.

Yes, that's what it seems like. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Bought this yesterday and it's excellent. Great to see that my two favourite tracks from () are both on 'Heim'.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison