i wanna talk about smashing pumpkins b-sides!!

itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
edited June 2007 in Other Music
i have always been amazed by this bands b-side catalogue, pisces iscariot stands out as an incredible album on it's own accord, even right up to the machina b-sides like speed kills are indespensible pumpkins tracks. not to mention set the ray to jerry, ugly, mouths of babes, oh my god the list just goes on & on! ...said sadley, aeroplane flies high, smiley!!!! can any other band boast this kind of quality through it's non-album tracks??? i mean, drown for christ sake!! roll on the zeitgeist b-sides!
Look Alive,
See These Bones
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobaby wrote:
    i have always been amazed by this bands b-side catalogue, pisces iscariot stands out as an incredible album on it's own accord, even right up to the machina b-sides like speed kills are indespensible pumpkins tracks. not to mention set the ray to jerry, ugly, mouths of babes, oh my god the list just goes on & on! ...said sadley, aeroplane flies high, smiley!!!! can any other band boast this kind of quality through it's non-album tracks??? i mean, drown for christ sake!! roll on the zeitgeist b-sides!

Pisces is probably my favorite SP release....and I didn't even know it was B-sides. It is incredible.
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    i realy like gossamer a 20 min new b-side
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Ali baba wrote:
    i realy like gossamer a 20 min new b-side
    20mins!?! are you serious?? heard it was gonna be the tarantula b-side, didn't realise it was the lord of the rings of b-sides. Oooo exciting. love the pastichio medley on the zero ep, how many friggen cool riffs are jammed into those 23mins
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Slunk. Best song ever. Why wasn't it on Gish?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They do have a great many b sides.

A few weeks ago itunes screwed up and had their B Sides set packaged as an album for 9.99. They had 114 songs on it. I purchased it immediatly. A day later it was not on their any more.

Hooray :) I've been loving it ever since.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    They do have a great many b sides.

A few weeks ago itunes screwed up and had their B Sides set packaged as an album for 9.99. They had 114 songs on it. I purchased it immediatly. A day later it was not on their any more.

Hooray :) I've been loving it ever since.
    :p:D

Nice!

Pumpkins have THE greatest b-sides of any band that's ever existed. Even edging out Pearl Jam and Radiohead.

I love James' songs.. Love his record too. ANNNND I'll be loving his new record when it comes out!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    :p:D

Nice!

Pumpkins have THE greatest b-sides of any band that's ever existed. Even edging out Pearl Jam and Radiohead.

I love James' songs.. Love his record too. ANNNND I'll be loving his new record when it comes out!
    ....except the bells... that's a bit gay... said sadley & the boy rule though!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    just listened to Stellar, The Boy and Pennies......on to some other great Pumpkins b-sides.

I think Set The Ray To Jerry will do

I love those Pumpkins b-sides :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ***yawn***
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    azwyldcats wrote:
    ***yawn***
    why bother??
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Zeitgeist was a sweet bonus track. And I am a big fan of Transformer!