what bands have huge impact on pj music?

force-10force-10 Posts: 794
edited August 2008 in Other Music
everyone knows the who are probably a big inspiration for the band, but if you listen to the who albums, you can´t quite finger out a similarity that would be obvious (except guitar and pen!).

mccready sure does have a basis on 70´s rock and i would bet he´s a metal fan. blackmore freak! but it´s really not a significant thing in the whole pj feeling. I honestly think they are unique. Like bands like U2 or T.REX or SOUNDGARDEN. they have their own thing going on.

for example if you should listen to DAVID BOWIE´s ZIGGY STARDUST, you can pinpoint bands like guns n roses, smashing pumpkins, the white stripes, and even THE RAMONES! Im not saying they are ripoffs, but they all have songs with a certain similarity to the songs on the album i mentioned.

one that i could think of that has a little similarity to pj music is probably BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (early yrs), you know the feeling of the boss´ incredible songwriting and the vibe of a down to earth kind of guy. that´s the deal with pj music. you can hear DOWN and imagine it on anybody´s life soundtrack.
IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Creed
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Creed
    Bite your tongue!!

It was Rick Springfield!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • blue, red and grey sounds familiar. by numbers is my favorite who album.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Culture Club
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Culture Club

well jeff certainly looked like he got his fashion sense from boy george early on.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Hanson
    What the fuck is this world?
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Creed

i meant the other way around.

the beatles influenced everyone, but OASIS sounds like them. Pearl Jam has a lot of 70´s rock vibe, but they don´t sound like any band i´ve heard.

can anyone select a record that probably influenced some pj material?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Black seems to borrow a lot from Purple Rain, especially with the guitar solo and the doo doo doo-doo doo doo-doo bit.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I always thought Camera by REM kinda sounded like a song written by Pearl Jam, obviously Camera was written before Pearl Jam existed, but I always thought it sounded very Pearl Jam
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."