Options

Birth Ritual - soundgarden

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Holy fuck,... is this a great song or what?
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    that song is near perfection..
    the groove, the "heavy" sound, nice chorus...cool solo, nice vocals..Cornell at his best!!!!
    Soundgarden at his best....

NEAT! NEAT! NEAT!
    Pierre

I live in Laval, I'm looking for some musicians to make a band. Drum, bass and guitar are needed. More songs with voices can be sent on demand.
    www.myspace.com/fridayzodds
    www.myspace.com/vignesartichots
  • Options
    ohhhhh i LOVE this one! One of my all time faves for sure, those screams, wow! :eek:
    good call Pearl Jam and toast :)
  • Options
    I love this song too. Hell, I love all SG songs. They're my favorite band! Singles is also my favorite movie, too bad I left it at school, I haven't seen it in a while.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    i love that introduction part that fades in. thats awesome.

great song.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i love that introduction part that fades in. thats awesome.

great song.
    oh yeh thats my fave part too
    the intro just wowed me
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    HELL YESSSSSSS!!!!!! Agree with everything being said here. For sure one of my favs from SG and the holy pipes in general. Also agree that this intro is just disgustingly bad ass!!! Then in comes the "I own you", heavy, super super chunky riff. :eek: and yep Dolly, THOSE SCREAMS?! :eek: :eek: :eek: THOSE SCREAMS and these morfed sounds that surround them. This solo too!! My god it's just flat out SICK AS HELL!

SO much LOVE for this song!!!\m/

HOLY FUCK is right. Excellent call Pearl Jam and toast. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    how the hell does chris sing like that. "ritUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    The live version in singles is pretty bad-ass!!!The demo version rules also!!!
  • Options
    The live version in singles is pretty bad-ass!!!The demo version rules also!!!

serioiusly!!!!!!!!
    neat!!!
    Pierre

I live in Laval, I'm looking for some musicians to make a band. Drum, bass and guitar are needed. More songs with voices can be sent on demand.
    www.myspace.com/fridayzodds
    www.myspace.com/vignesartichots
  • Options
    I loooove song! One of the most incredible of theirs. The badassness of the music and those chunky-asss riffs coming from Kim and the drumming from Matt is phenomenal! And how sick is that bass line of Ben's?! the bone-chilling quality of those screams from Chris..when it all comes together..that undeniable force is unfuckingbelievable!! It just warps your mind round and round hauntingly as if never ceasing. Absolutely amazing song!!!
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

He doesn't anymore :(

One of my favorite SG songs too...along with Nothing to Say. :)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

I remember the first time I heard that song I was like, What The Fuck????. When Cornell is at his top vocally no one can touch him I think.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    erm i got 10 soundgarden albums? i cant find it

can anyone pm me the song or email me at

briskx@hotmail.co.uk

peace
    thank you all
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I BrisK I wrote:
    erm i got 10 soundgarden albums? i cant find it

can anyone pm me the song or email me at

briskx@hotmail.co.uk

peace
    thank you all
    ........the song is on the "singles" movie soundtrack, its got state of love and trust and breath on it too, plus a chris cornell solo acoustic track which in my opinion is just as much a killer song
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    oh right lol, my brother had the video and was like hey ed watch this its got pj on it.

yeh i seen pj but didn't see soundgarden lok, i think i will actually watch the movie through
  • Options
    I actually think Seasons is an even better song now that you mention it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    powertool wrote:
    I remember the first time I heard that song I was like, What The Fuck????. When Cornell is at his top vocally no one can touch him I think.
    yeah i know. when i heard birth ritual i realised that noone on earth that ive ever heard has the ability to sing like that. im not saying he is the best singer but he is unique in that ability
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Yeah, that's SG at their bone crunching, all out wailing best.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options

yea i agree with you it´s massive:D
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ....for me the song could have elevated badmotorfinger, yet that was a classic record as it is
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    ....for me the song could have elevated badmotorfinger, yet that was a classic record as it is

yea i agree with you i love it so much;)
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    great fucking tune.
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just reading this thread means the song's going to be stuck in my head all evening. But that's not a bad thing.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    The thread for the BADASS that is KIM THAYIL just inspired me to blast the living hell out of this song , which in turn inspired me to BUMP the hell out of this thread. :cool:

THIS SONG IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: CHRIS peeling paint off the walls....sending chills all up and down the spine. Seriously...how in the????? :eek: KIM shredding you a new one! Everything about it just beats your ass! This certainly is a beating I can never get enough of.

UH!! SICK! SICK! SICK!

\m/

:D

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Definitely one of there best! You could probably say it captured Soundgarden at their best, and is pretty damned definitive if you wanted to prove to someone just how great they were...

My other favorites of the mighty Soundgarden are:

Hands All Over
    Nothing To Say
    Entering
    Beyond The Wheel
    JCP
    Ugly Truth
    Cold Bitch
    Somewhere
    Blind Dogs
    Like Suicide

Those are my favorites, but I could probably include ALL of BMF, Superunknown and DOTU as well...

Great fucking band, and sorely missed!

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • Options
    Yeah Birth Ritual is fucking incredible! those vocals are just mind-blowing. The Singles soundtrack is a must have record for sure, aside from having two of Pearl Jam's best songs on it, it also has my favourite song of all time, Seasons by Chris Cornell - absolute perfection.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    \m/\m\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/, and thats all i have to say about that:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    For another head crushing SG rarity in the same vein, check out:
    "Kyle Petty (Son of Richard)" off Home Alive:The Art of Self Defence, the compilation that PJ's Leavin' Here is on. Absolutely visceral, paint peeling experience, with Thayil's sledge hammer riffs, and a very pissed off Cornell.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16