People who hate Audioslave..

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited July 2006 in Other Music
... are never going to like them. Never. Nothing they do. Doesn't matter what it sounds like, they've got opinions set in stone that anything that smells of Audioslave sucks.

And people that like them are always going to fervantly disagree.

Now everyone shut the hell up, i think we're all tired of it.

do we need this to be a sticky in this forum?
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I'll like them if they put out a good album.

I mean I like Wilco now, and same goes for Bright Eyes (who deserved about 8 million punches up until Lifted)

So you guys can keep having fun with your "superband" as they fade into the sunset. I've stopped lsitening to them, and I'm not even going to bother out of curiousity this time around.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:
    I'll like them if they put out a good album.

I mean I like Wilco now, and same goes for Bright Eyes (who deserved about 8 million punches up until Lifted)

So you guys can keep having fun with your "superband" as they fade into the sunset. I've stopped lsitening to them, and I'm not even going to bother out of curiousity this time around.

I respect your opinion.

Now shut the fuck up. ;)

anyone else? Blow the last bit of steam off before leaving it alone?

"Make our day"
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I loved RATM, I loved Soundgarden, I loved Euphoria Morning.

Audioslave is good, just not great like the list above. I still will check out revalations because it still is better than most American rock & roll out there.
    NERDS!
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Continuing the sentence:

People who hate Audioslave can be people who are (over)protective of the members and the past they would like to be viewed as it were... in the past.

Listen to some of the "bashers" -

"Chris doesn't even sound like Chris." - a person who'd like to remember Chris as a great singer.

"Tom Morello's solos suck. He fits better in Rage." - a person who'd like Tom to be in a rap-rock band where his skills would be appreciated.

and on and on...

But Pearl Jam and Toast is right. Stop jumping into other people's threads, making out-of-place comments just to tell people how badly you wish it would all end.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    see I don't hate Audioslave and I really want to like them but the tragic thing is even though thier first single was fucking amazing and thier first album was pretty good they never really developed like I wanted them to, I have no problem with Tom's solos and up until hearing the new song didn;t think that Cornell's voice on tape was so bad (live was a letdown) but the problem with them for me is they could be SOOOO FUCKING AWESOME but instead we are left with mildy ok. Like finally getting tickets to see the bulls play during thier dynasty and watching Jordan shoot 3-16 and end up with nine points, you know it could have been way better and because of this you are dissapointed and a little angry
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    see I don't hate Audioslave and I really want to like them but the tragic thing is even though thier first single was fucking amazing and thier first album was pretty good they never really developed like I wanted them to, I have no problem with Tom's solos and up until hearing the new song didn;t think that Cornell's voice on tape was so bad (live was a letdown) but the problem with them for me is they could be SOOOO FUCKING AWESOME but instead we are left with mildy ok. Like finally getting tickets to see the bulls play during thier dynasty and watching Jordan shoot 3-16 and end up with nine points, you know it could have been way better and because of this you are dissapointed and a little angry

god you are so so right.

the reality just doesn't come anywhere close to the potential. and it's as frustrating as all get out. i just want them to make me scream YEAH BABY!!! at the top of my lungs. i don't think that's asking too much. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    also when we say a band is shitty you probably shouldn't take it too personally. I don't care how fabulous the beatles were, Wings kind of sucked.

also I don't see how comments about a band are "out of place" in a thread, just because they are negative. If I made a thread about Matt Good I'd be more than willing to talk to someone who thinks he is a wank who writes bad music. Just because a thread is about someone doesn't mean it exists solely as a circle-jerk for the band.

All this "fuck off if you don't heap praise on audioslave" shit makes me want to go into threads just to stir shit up.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I like them, I can also see the potential that frustrates a lot of people and understand their dissapointment and I dont mind people expressing their opinion good or bad, I just dont see what all the fuss is about.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Echoes wrote:

All this "fuck off if you don't heap praise on audioslave" shit makes me want to go into threads just to stir shit up.

You're putting words into people's mouths!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    People who hate Audioslave can be people who are (over)protective of the members and the past they would like to be viewed as it were... in the past.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Audioslave need to be accepted as a 'new' band. If Audioslve were made up of 'unknowns' (and not ex-soundgarden, ex-RATM), would people still think differently?
    redrock wrote:
    I think you hit the nail on the head there. Audioslave need to be accepted as a 'new' band. If Audioslve were made up of 'unknowns' (and not ex-soundgarden, ex-RATM), would people still think differently?

But... if we didn't know the past, I reckon people would just dismiss Chris as someone who can't sing live, Morello a severely out of place guitarist. Remember when you first heard the solo to Bulls on Parade? Or the live performances of Slaves and Bulldozers? Amazing, really!

Now that their sound is different, the fans of both bands are throwing shit at each other for apparently, "ruining" their vision of their favorite (and protected) band. And sadly, I've been doing that too! I guess I can rant less now, Chris has a solo CD coming out. Probably after one year? :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    When I saw Audioslave live last year, they were incredible. Chris' voice was strong. I reckon people would see then as a 'good', rocking band. Nothing incredibly special but nothing bad either. My thoughts. And weeeee! Chris is going solo again :D:D:
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i like them.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

I would. I probably wouldn't have bought either album. I maybe would've DL'd it.
    NERDS!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Echoes wrote:
    also when we say a band is shitty you probably shouldn't take it too personally. I don't care how fabulous the beatles were, Wings kind of sucked.

also I don't see how comments about a band are "out of place" in a thread, just because they are negative. If I made a thread about Matt Good I'd be more than willing to talk to someone who thinks he is a wank who writes bad music. Just because a thread is about someone doesn't mean it exists solely as a circle-jerk for the band.

It's not a case of everyone having to heap praise on audioslave, it's more that people go way over the top in bashing them, at the end of the day no band featuring that calibre of musicians is going to be anywhere near as bad as Nickelback and the like, and I don't care if people think that's a bold statement, they have far more credibility for a start. Even if people are disappointed or whatever with AS, just label it as meat and potatoes rock and move on, no need to trash them like they are 3 doors fucking down, because they most certainly are not.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Lets get real people Chris Cornells voice is amazing, always has been sure sometimes he may not sound as good live. But everyone has off nites everytime i seen Audioslave live he sounded great. Yes im a Soundgarden fan but the 2 Audioslave albuums that have come out kick ass.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    as long as you can get another sticky to consolidate all Audioslave posts into ONE post I am all for it.
    and move on, no need to trash them like they are 3 doors fucking down, because they most certainly are not.

Actually they are pretty much the same in my book. Audioslave was disappointing after the first album and downright wretched with the second. If people can go in and tear on Seether or Limp Bizkit and not have a problem, I can go in and tear on Audioslave. They are a bad band. Music is subjective, but the vocals are weak, lyrics suck, and the guitaring is pretty annoying.

Their calibre as musicians has been proven (except for the drummer, he genuinely eats balls), but creatively, they are right at the same level a Nickelback (and if I had to pick whic band I liked more I would say Nickelback because I really liked The State - it is just too bad everything else has been awful)
  • What was so bad about the lyrics on out of exile? I think they were much better than the debut and some of the best lyrics Cornell has written in a decade. I think the criticism at his voice is misplaced because the times he has performed badly has been a result of laryngitus and at the start of the last tour his vocals were strong. To say he can't sing live is a mistake.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I loved RATM, I loved Soundgarden, I loved Euphoria Morning.

Audioslave is good, just not great like the list above. I still will check out revalations because it still is better than most American rock & roll out there.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    have you actually listened to Dandelion? Or Be Yourself? Or (insert anything else)
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    They're boring and their videos are as glossy and crap as Bon Jovi's.

They just look like bored millionares.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • The guy is signing about his kid in Dandelion what the hell is wrong with that? Just because he isn't signing about depression or something like in Soundgarden doesn't devalue the lyrics. I agree that Be Yourself has a crap chorous but focus on this one song and you miss the rest of a great album. It would be false of him to sing something that he wasn't experiencing at the present don't you agree?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    ... are never going to like them. Never. Nothing they do. Doesn't matter what it sounds like, they've got opinions set in stone that anything that smells of Audioslave sucks.

And people that like them are always going to fervantly disagree.

Now everyone shut the hell up, i think we're all tired of it.

I'll tell you what - they're no Damn Yankees! :)
  • Echoes wrote:

that's not what i was saying.

You're beating a dead horse when you go into an audioslave thread just to say how much they suck. We've heard it all way too much and frankly it makes general discussion of the band's new single or something (by fans) impossible.

Just let it go..

"Make our day"
  • transplant wrote:
    as long as you can get another sticky to consolidate all Audioslave posts into ONE post I am all for it.
    that's another thing.. we don't need 5 audioslave threads in one forum.

use the search function! :rolleyes:

"Make our day"
  • What was so bad about the lyrics on out of exile? I think they were much better than the debut and some of the best lyrics Cornell has written in a decade. I think the criticism at his voice is misplaced because the times he has performed badly has been a result of laryngitus and at the start of the last tour his vocals were strong. To say he can't sing live is a mistake.
    He's been shit live since 1994, and it's the fault mainly of smoking and drinking heavily.

now he quit both, and frankly sounds spectacular live (this would be since after the first audioslave tour).

And lyrically the best things he ever did were Temple of the Dog and Euphoria Morning ;)... but his audioslave words aren't bad.

Getaway Car is gorgeous if nothing else.
    gabers wrote:
    they're no damn yankees!

haha thank god!

"Make our day"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Im neutral towards them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    You all need to pull your collective heads out of your collective asses. Audioslave is pretty damn good. Cornell's voice has always sounded different in the studio than it does live. The way dude screams, I'd be willing to bet that it sounds different day to day. I agree with one of the above posters, they are loads better than 99% of the crap out there. Give them a break. They have an unbelievable lyricist and singer backed by 3 very good musicians, what the fuck more do you want?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    The guy is signing about his kid in Dandelion what the hell is wrong with that? Just because he isn't signing about depression or something like in Soundgarden doesn't devalue the lyrics. I agree that Be Yourself has a crap chorous but focus on this one song and you miss the rest of a great album. It would be false of him to sing something that he wasn't experiencing at the present don't you agree?

Uhh singers can sing about whatever the hell he wants.

And just because you write a song about your kid doesn't mean it has to be really shitty lyrically. The whole album is full of mediocre rock songs with sagging solos, weak lyrics, etc etc.