I cannot for the life of me stop listening to "anna molly" by Incubus

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I downloaded this when it leaked months and months ago and just re-discovered that I had it..

I just.. can't.. turn it off. I guess that means I should get "Light Grenades" ?

Reminds me of the Police if they were louder and faster..

Between that and "Black Thumbnail" by Kings of Leon someone posted here I've been hypnotized.
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good song, you should definatly check out Light Grenades. The more I listen to it the more i'm starting to really get into it. I'd say its definatly better than Crow. So far i'm really liking the first five songs or so and i'm still getting into the rest of the album.
  • <insert asshole comment here>
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm the same! The new album hasn't hit me at all but that song has stuck on my playlist for a few months now... its quite strange!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • maybe you should go through a week long musical cleansing then.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Light Grenades is a grower, simple as. I hated it at first, now its on constant repeat...its sort of the opposite of whats happened to me and 'pearl jam', haven't listened to that album in about 2 months :(

Cant wait to see Incubus in Nottingha Arena in April, gonna be ace.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Light Grenades is a grower, simple as. I hated it at first, now its on constant repeat...its sort of the opposite of whats happened to me and 'pearl jam', haven't listened to that album in about 2 months :(

Cant wait to see Incubus in Nottingha Arena in April, gonna be ace.

TOTAL agreement! and yes - i LOVE anna molly my fave track...and you betcha, had it on repeat incessantly...then i forced myself to listen to more of the album. REALLY good. don't care for earth to bella parts 1 or 2....nor no love for diamonds and coal or oil and water[/i]...but the rest? yeowza...total incubus goodness. love it. made me break out science last night...i LOVE incubus...early days and today....just brilliant...can't wait to see em for the first time in january! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• lol, isnt this like the 7th or 8th incubus thread ? :D
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I like Dig a lot. Not the crap band from the 90's, but track 3 on Light Grenades.
  • ...i LOVE incubus...early days and today....just brilliant...can't wait to see em for the first time in january! :D

Kudos my friends, Im an Incbus live virgin too!!! Can't wait. I love pretty much all their work (second half of 'Crow...' was a bit lacking) and can't wait to see them live.

I think I love every song on the new album apart from the Earth To Bella's. Oil and Water has REALLY grown on me too. And how ace is Light Grenades, sorta reminds me of Spin The black Circle by PJ.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    i dont think this album is great... its just ok...

Dig is my favourite followed by Anna Molly and a couple of others but as a whole the album is not that good... musically is fine, but for me - i didnt like the lyrics that much to say its really good...

if you are a fan buy it, if you are not a fan like me i think you wont love it...

just my opinion...
  • this album is tied for second best incubus album with science. you just can't beat morning view.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Its growing on me There are a couple of sweet songs. Anna Molly tends to get stuck in my mind.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Yeah, I can't believe Incubus remade Mudvayne's "Dig" and put it on their record...
    If I could, think I would give in.