Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Saw an interview on some Australian show with Grinderman where Cave says he's currently writing a new Bad Seeds record and it will be recorded this summer.

Also, other than the All Tomorrow's Parties thing that the violin player for the Bad Seeds/Grinderman is one of the curaters for, Grinderman will not be touring,... which isn't really a dissapointment considering there's another Bad Seeds record coming to follow up on the amazing Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues.
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can't wait the new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
  • i have a man crush on nick cave
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • i have a man crush on nick cave
    Go youtube the video for "(are you) the one that I've been waiting for". His beautiful blue eyes..... :eek: :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Grinderman is fucking rockin. Great record.

I really need to get the Abbatoir Blues tour DVD/CD set. I hear its incredible.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    StoneG82 wrote:

It is.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are the motherfucking shit. stright up.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I'm about to listen to The Proposition soundtrack... what I've heard of it thus far is quite good.

Nick Cave is awesome... but I have many of his albums to get before I can consider my collection of his work thorough.
  • I'm about to listen to The Proposition soundtrack... what I've heard of it thus far is quite good.

Nick Cave is awesome... but I have many of his albums to get before I can consider my collection of his work thorough.
    Have you seen the movie? It is awesome. I thought I had read that he is possibly writing other stories. I'd love to see more films developed from his writing as well as more music.
    is a great song :cool:

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    'Let love in' is still my favourite album of his.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    'Let love in' is still my favourite album of his.

thirsty dog for a thirsty dog, eh? ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    thirsty dog for a thirsty dog, eh? ;):p

"I'm sittin' feelin' thirsty in the sorry dog"
    Byrnzie wrote:
    "I'm sittin' feelin' thirsty in the sorry dog"

i'm sorry that i'm always pissed
    i'm sorry that i exist. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i'm sorry that i'm always pissed
    i'm sorry that i exist. :)

And when I look into your eyes
    I can see you're sorry too
    Byrnzie wrote:
    And when I look into your eyes
    I can see you're sorry too

i'm sorry for the other night
    i know sorry it dont make it right
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    "this is the weeping song
    a song in which to weep
    but i won't be weeping long"

glasshouse wrote:
    "this is the weeping song
    a song in which to weep
    but i won't be weeping long"

while we rock ourselves to sleep.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StoneG82 wrote:

It is indeed incredible, I'm so glad I could see the band live on that tour :cool:
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • JussiJussi Posts: 10
    while we rock ourselves to sleep.

Has the weeping song been played live now that Blixa is gone? In a way I miss Blixa, he was such an essential part of the Bad Seeds.
  • geishagrrl wrote:
    Have you seen the movie? It is awesome. I thought I had read that he is possibly writing other stories. I'd love to see more films developed from his writing as well as more music.

Yeah, I saw the flick a while back and it was very cool. I like a good and violent western. I hear that he did a soundtrack to another Australian movie that takes place in a prison somewhere. The Ghosts of the Civil Dead. I need to look into that.
  • I just looked it up on imdb. He apparently acted in it and is given writing credit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095217/
  • Sorry to double post but my husband just let me know that Nick Cave also scored the new Brad Pitt Jesse James movie and has a small role in it as well.
  • geishagrrl wrote:
    Sorry to double post but my husband just let me know that Nick Cave also scored the new Brad Pitt Jesse James movie and has a small role in it as well.

Wow, that one totally slipped the radar. Now I really wanna see that movie, especially with Mr. Cave as a "bowery saloon singer!"