Audioslave Revelations

SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Most people 'round here don't seem to be fans of Audiosalve, but I just heard Revelations today and I must say it kicks quite a bit of ass. It is a great record. Their first two were okay, there were some incredible songs, but overall they were uneven. Revelations is solid from top to bottom. If they had continued as a band I think they would have had a chance to finally be the "supergroup" they were hyped to be in the first place.

Discuss, or not. I just felt like saying this.
Sleep on horseback
Far moon in a continuing dream
Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I dunno. There were definitely some good songs on there (Revelations, Until We Fall, SOTTC, Wide Awake, Moth), but I just kinda saw it as a retread of what they'd done before. And this was the album I really got sick of Morello's guitar tomfoolery.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i love it. i love all of audioslaves albums. anything chris puts vocals to is brilliant. but in the same token, notice how now that he's solo again, and happier and more into his own music, his performances are MILES better than in audioslave. i mean live. it's like all of a sudden his vocals can do what they did in soundgarden! unbeliveable! hearing him belt out slaves and bulldozers, say hello to heaven, and jesus christ pose PERFECTLY was just OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD. in audioslave he had trouble even hitting the notes in spoonman, and was unevben live. i also believ euphoria morning was better than any audioslave and is tied for his best album ever with superuknown. either way, soundgarden, temple of the dog, solo, or audioslave it is all brilliant with cornell on vocals.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    while I'm thrilled with the direction he's taken and this band that's kicking major ass, I'm totally missing hearing any of the songs from Revelations live. I'm hoping in time he'll feel it's ok........and I agree that he is singing much better live now than in AS but he's not smoking or drinking and the healing has really shown itself..........plus he's just taking better care all around..........I mean, look how HAPPY he is on stage................
    :)
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Toshala wrote:
    while I'm thrilled with the direction he's taken and this band that's kicking major ass, I'm totally missing hearing any of the songs from Revelations live. I'm hoping in time he'll feel it's ok........and I agree that he is singing much better live now than in AS but he's not smoking or drinking and the healing has really shown itself..........plus he's just taking better care all around..........I mean, look how HAPPY he is on stage................
    :)

spoken like a true biased cornell fan. ;)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    Funny you should post this topic as I finally bought this album yesterday!! I really enjoyed the album as I did with the previous two AS records, however I do feel that AS had run their course, and it is kind of similar to the previous two records. As a band they were not really evolving. I'm quite glad that CC has gone solo because I feel it will give his creativity a little more freedom :cool: Having said that Audioslave were still a good band while they lasted and wrote some pretty great songs. I think they split at the right time though.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    And this was the album I really got sick of Morello's guitar tomfoolery.
    haha :D
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • haha :D

Of course I meant that. Ahem.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • mol.cameronmol.cameron Posts: 94
    not overly keen on revelations; prefer self titled, and out of exile. also feel as though a few of the songs on the latest album are too similar in structure/style to the first album, an indication the band has run its course.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Temple of the dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave, and his solo work. Are all simply amazing. One of the best singer/songwriters ever, and yes Revelations kicks ass.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I've got all 3 Audioslave albums (which is saying something because I'll bet I haven't bought more than 5-7 albums in the last 5 years) and I think Revelations is the weakest of the 3. I like them all, though.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I really like Revelations.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Kind of off-topic, but I never realized Tom Morello was black until he referred to himself as such in an interview I read yesterday. I don't get it... the guy is whiter than De La Rocha, and De La Rocha is half-black.

Anyone else confused about this? :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    nope! most well-rounded people dont think about race.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    nope! most well-rounded people dont think about race.

Oh, so you're colorblind... you don't see race, like Stephen Colbert? :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Revelations is a solid album. Out of Exile is personally my favorite AS. Revelations is basically an album of the extra AS songs they had written after OOE and they needed a home.
    Wide Awake, Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye, & Moth are killer songs on Revelations !
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I purchased the album a week or two after it came out, and I must say, I still enjoy popping it into the CD player and giving it a listen. Great album! Moth fucking RUUUULES.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    The last 3 songs are amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoF6pobtNc
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • i love it. i love all of audioslaves albums. anything chris puts vocals to is brilliant. but in the same token, notice how now that he's solo again, and happier and more into his own music, his performances are MILES better than in audioslave. i mean live. it's like all of a sudden his vocals can do what they did in soundgarden! unbeliveable! hearing him belt out slaves and bulldozers, say hello to heaven, and jesus christ pose PERFECTLY was just OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD. in audioslave he had trouble even hitting the notes in spoonman, and was unevben live. i also believ euphoria morning was better than any audioslave and is tied for his best album ever with superuknown. either way, soundgarden, temple of the dog, solo, or audioslave it is all brilliant with cornell on vocals.
    In all fairness that's because he stopped smoking and drinking during the Out Of Exile sessions and it took his voice a while to adjust. Only now is it showing it's effects and he sounds incredible again. And I LOVE Revelations, just a fantastic album.