Tom Morello tricks

CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Commy wrote:

That's really cool, I'm still none the wiser cause all that technical jargon goes over my head!
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    That's really cool, I'm still none the wiser cause all that technical jargon goes over my head!
    Same here. When I saw them in concert we really didn't get a chance to see how he was doing all that...so this is way cool.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Tom fuckin rulez!
    ¨Pray we don´t need to change, our ways to be saved, that´s all i want to be, watch me freak!¨ - SEPULTURA
  • Tom is awesome. I just wish he'd break out of his safety zone once in a while. Some of his improvised jams with Audioslave were pretty cool, without using weird noises.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Kewl. Nice to see how he does it.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Awesome
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Tom writes the best riffs
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Nice!!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Tom is awesome. I just wish he'd break out of his safety zone once in a while. Some of his improvised jams with Audioslave were pretty cool, without using weird noises.

gotta agree with you on this. all his solo's sound the same to me now. even my friends agree. When we heard i forget which audioslave song that was released as a single, we liked it, but the solo morelloized the song. its just too cliche of his sound. it worked great with RATM but having a more straight forward rock group that was audioslave, he needed to find a new way to make sounds.
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    lephty wrote:
    gotta agree with you on this. all his solo's sound the same to me now. even my friends agree. When we heard i forget which audioslave song that was released as a single, we liked it, but the solo morelloized the song. its just too cliche of his sound. it worked great with RATM but having a more straight forward rock group that was audioslave, he needed to find a new way to make sounds.

That's kinda in the past...a sound he invented, literally. That's not something artists do too often these days.

Here he is today (today being 4 years ago)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSm-24P9tU
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Commy wrote:
    That's kinda in the past...a sound he invented, literally. That's not something artists do too often these days.

Here he is today (today being 4 years ago)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSm-24P9tU

Tom as the Nightwatchman fucking rocks! I saw him and I gotta say, what a great show that was!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."