Y34rz3r0r3m1x3d

ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone heard it yet? The album cover alone is worth the money:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Halo25_cover.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Great remix album. Probably the best remix album he's done thus far...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • it is awesome
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Haven't heard it yet. Must give it a look. Year zero was awesome.

On a side note I can't fucking stand leet speak :mad: Why can't people write normally :confused:
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Haven't heard it yet. Must give it a look. Year zero was awesome.

On a side note I can't fucking stand leet speak :mad: Why can't people write normally :confused:

I think he did it on purpose to fuck with interscope - it just seems like something he'd do. I usually hate leet speak too, but it kind of fits here I think.

In any case, good album - worth getting/hearing. A lot of the tracks are at least as good as the original. The remix for Me I'm Not is quite er controversial though - it might be termed minimalistic. I like Capital G, Vessel, Gunshots by Computer (its listed as Guns by computer), and My Violent Heart. I like most of the tracks, but not really the remix of The Great Destroyer.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    its really damn good. i like how some of the remixes are the ones that fans made. i hope his new website concept doesnt get buried in legal shit.

playlist now -
    Y34rz3r0r3m1x3d
    Saul Williams
    Puscifer
    The Definitive NIN Quiet Tracks

now i need somewhere far enough to drive to so i can listen to it all in one shot.
  • eoboeobo Posts: 102
    anyone got the dvd version? amazon sent me an email yesterday saying it was on it's way, but I'm not sure what to expect!
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • i picked it up in stores and wondered....i may go back now if y'all say its great...

as for puscifer how is that? a tell tale sign of an album being shitty is used cd stores. a week into its release there were like 9 copies in this one store....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • eoboeobo Posts: 102

as for puscifer how is that? a tell tale sign of an album being shitty is used cd stores. a week into its release there were like 9 copies in this one store....

I don't like it too much. it's ok but not phenomenal. Definately weird enough to be enjoyed but too satirical to be taken even remotely seriously. If I wasn't a huge tool/maynard fan I would have left it alone

I bought it when i pre-ordered r3m1x3d and part of me wishes I'd saved my money.
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    eobo wrote:
    anyone got the dvd version? amazon sent me an email yesterday saying it was on it's way, but I'm not sure what to expect!

I think all the CD copies include the DVD. What is on the DVD is the individual tracks from the various songs, together with software called I think, Ableton, enabling those who are so inclined, to do some Year Zero remixing of their own.

edited due to using wrong word
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Y34rz3r0r3m1x3d is..................FUCKING AWESOME!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • is it just me or does the remix of "me, i'm not" fucking sucks balls
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    mine just came in the mail today...cant wait to get out of work and check it out on the drive home.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    good remixes = good album
  • Brain Of E wrote:
    is it just me or does the remix of "me, i'm not" fucking sucks balls

It's kind of a question of perspective. The remix is pretty good, in a kind of Richie Hawton/Plastikman(people should check these out, especially if they are stoners) perspective. I think everyone who remixed the tracks got carte blanche to do what they wanted. The problem is that everyone else kind of stayed within specific boundaries, so the album flows quite well until you get to that track. Given that its 14 minutes long, I think Trent fully supports it.

My favourite tracks after a few listens are The great Destroyer, The beginning of the end(I saw ladytron support NIN a few times on the last tour), and in thsi twilight - but in that case it may just be because it's an amazing song...

So the short answer is - yes I have skipped the big long boring track, but I "get it".