Any one up for a little T?

ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Great great line up.So many I would love to see but as usual with T it will be the same farce to get tickets.I got so fed up with it year after year I gave up going.Last went two years ago.
    It used to be a great festival,I was at everyone of them from when they were based in Strathclyde to when they moved to Balado but in recent years the punters have been more about vast consumption of alcohol and maybe taking in a few bands,not the other way round.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Wow that's an awesome lineup. I'm a little worried cause half the bands I was hoping would be at Reading (which I already have a ticket for) are now at T and I'm not sure they'll play both.
  • see ya all there,looking forward to-
    biffy
    r.e.m
    band of horses
    stereophonics
    kings of leon
  • I have my tickets... my parents tell me that there was stuff in the paper and on the telly about how hard it was, but I got thema nd so did my mate... so we're happy...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    they sold out a FESTIVAL in under 1 hour?!?!? thats fucking insane :D

well done getting tickets Neil :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Either I was extremely lucky; I got tickets, my mate got tickets, and I had a pair in my basket waiting in case he didn't get tickets. So essentially I got 3 pairs of tickets in the first 11 minutes.

My theory is that it was just well managed. I've tried to get tickets where the system hasn't managed to sell 2 tickets in the first hour cos everything crashed repeatedly. I've read this was 45,000 tickets which equates to at least 22,500 transactions in 1 hour. Hats off to them they did well.

I feel a bit guilty. I've heard people were camping out since wednesday. I think this may be a Scotland today exaggeration, as apparently homelessness was down that week as well, more unshaven people seem to be attending T in the Park, and Newspaper sleeping bags appear to be the new fashionable street wear of choice among the UK concert going yoof.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Best lineup ive seen at T, looking forward to it already!! Rage, Kol, Aphex Twin, the Verve, Chemical Brothers, Charlatans, Ian Brown and Interpol are the ones ill bew checking out.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Either I was extremely lucky; I got tickets, my mate got tickets, and I had a pair in my basket waiting in case he didn't get tickets. So essentially I got 3 pairs of tickets in the first 11 minutes.

My theory is that it was just well managed. I've tried to get tickets where the system hasn't managed to sell 2 tickets in the first hour cos everything crashed repeatedly. I've read this was 45,000 tickets which equates to at least 22,500 transactions in 1 hour. Hats off to them they did well.

I feel a bit guilty. I've heard people were camping out since wednesday. I think this may be a Scotland today exaggeration, as apparently homelessness was down that week as well, more unshaven people seem to be attending T in the Park, and Newspaper sleeping bags appear to be the new fashionable street wear of choice among the UK concert going yoof.

LOL Conrats Neil for getting tiks,you lucky bugger.There were yoof's on the news camping outside Groucho's in Dundee since Wednesday.But that's could just have been clever editing,or a usual Wednesday in Dundee!?
    Have a great time,hope you can still get into the festivities with all that ticket guilt weighing you down lol.
    In my lazy state of prev T's just pissing me of I didn't even try for a tik.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”