ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Anybody going..... I'll be there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Big Up Mudhoney Playing
  • Options
    gonna see them in nottingham, uk in May. What an Easter/Summer, gonna see Pearl Jam in London, Mudhoney in Nottingham, Sleater Kinney in Bristol, and Live in Birmingham. So glad i cancelled my round the world holiday i had planned this year.
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    gonna see them in nottingham, uk in May. What an Easter/Summer, gonna see Pearl Jam in London, Mudhoney in Nottingham, Sleater Kinney in Bristol, and Live in Birmingham. So glad i cancelled my round the world holiday i had planned this year.
    Damn you, I wanted to go to Nottingham but i have to be 18 and at the time I'll be 17.
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    cant you get someone to buy the tickets for you, do they check age on the door?
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I think I will be... have to catch up on their discography tho.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    They've just brought out a new album...

I haven't heard it yet, cos I've been too busy to make it to a record shop that stocks such finery.... I can't even find it on Limewire or mininova to tide me over till I find the vinyl...

But thats pretty cool... that must mean its really unpopular and alternative.... although probably less so than Steve Turner's latest solo album.

Anybody heard either of these?

Anybody know where I can buy the vinyl in Amsterdam. I've not even had time to try concerto yet.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    oooo moudhoney play uk ?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Ah Cool

Thanks For Notice
  • Options
    rockrock Posts: 51
    I'll be there, haven't a clue what I'm in for though :) Liked 'overblown' on the singles soundtrack and since it wasn't all that expensive, I figured I'd give it a go. Any recommendations for songs/albums to look into before going?
  • Options
    There's a greatest hits record callled march to fuzz... if you get that you'll know every second song the play(at least) I reckon.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    rock wrote:
    I'll be there, haven't a clue what I'm in for though :) Liked 'overblown' on the singles soundtrack and since it wasn't all that expensive, I figured I'd give it a go. Any recommendations for songs/albums to look into before going?

Go for Tommorow Hit Today and Since Weve Become Translucent. Its all youll ever need.
  • Options
    FUCK YEA!!!! I have bought tix to:

May 10'th Nottingham
    May 11'th London
    May 13'th Amsterdam
    May 14'th Groningen (not yet, tix go on sale May 1'st)
    May 15'th Copenhagen

I FUCKING LOVE MUDHONEY!!!! I pre-ordered the new
    LP/vinyl record from SUB POP a while back and got a
    SIGNED COPY!!! From all the members, Guy, Dan, Steve
    and ofcourse the mighty Mark Arm!

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    Mohab wrote:
    Go for Tommorow Hit Today and Since Weve Become Translucent. Its all youll ever need.

My brother the Cow also! My fav along with Tomorrow Hit Today!
  • Options
    As far as I know the tix haven;t sold out yet for Amsterdam.....
  • Options
    As far as I know the tix haven;t sold out yet for Amsterdam.....

Nope, I don't think so either.......
  • Options
    What does "Venster Sluiten" mean?
  • Options
    window closing
  • Options
    window closing

Right on! Thank u!
  • Options
    There's some photos of mudhoney in Amsterdam here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/151080371/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/151080368/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/151080364/

Cos I had a wonderful place on the balcony where you could see everything.

I'll try to right a review of the gig on my blog, but at the moment. I'm busy busy busy.

AMENt TO THAT has a video somewhere which I;d love to see, and if anyone else has photos, please post links.
  • Options
    I spent some time on a train at the weekend, so finally wrote about the mudhoney gig in my blog:

http://furbyx4.blogspot.com/2006/05/mudhoney-melkweg-amsterdam.html
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    nice review of the show mate !
    cheers !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires