Silverchair

northjersey78northjersey78 Posts: 80
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Any other SIlverchair fans? Most people might only remember from their teen angst Frogstomp days, but they have a grown up a lot since then and the last few albums are amazing.
8/12/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 9/8/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/14/03, 10/1/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/24/08, 6/27/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/20/10, 9/12/12, 10/21/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Any other SIlverchair fans? Most people might only remember from their teen angst Frogstomp days, but they have a grown up a lot since then and the last few albums are amazing.

they played a gig in adelaide not long ago, played alot of new stuff, it was amasing! their drummer (ben gilles) has gotten really good, really really good. cant wait to hear their new album.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • selfself Posts: 64
    i like frogstomp and freakshow but i really did not like Neon ballroom.
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    I saw them at Wave Aid in Sydney, they were pretty kick ass. Anyone else there? IMO Daniel Johns is fucked now, whats with the one lense on his sunglasses an the one-pant-leg rolled up? The desocitives sucked as well.
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • ArabesqueArabesque Posts: 34
    I agree with northjersey, Silverchair has gotten so much better over the years. They started as Nirvana rip-offs but they matured and developed their own style. I liked Neon Ballroom a lot and Diorama was even better.

And I just want to say that in 1999 when most of the crap that was on MTV was Ricky Martin, J-Lo, and boy bands, Silverchair broke through the mush with "Anthem for the Year 2000" and "Ana's Song." They were the only good band on MTV at the time. Most other rock was still Korn or Rage wannabe's (P.O.D. for example...)
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
  • dan_vedder wrote:
    I saw them at Wave Aid in Sydney, they were pretty kick ass. Anyone else there? IMO Daniel Johns is fucked now, whats with the one lense on his sunglasses an the one-pant-leg rolled up? The desocitives sucked as well.

he is definatley a bit of a wierdo...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
    yeah i used to be such a silverchair nerd!!! o man i was in the fanclub and everything........... not really into their music now, however if they came to melb again to play shows i'd definitely go. i saw them on the across the night tour and it was the most amazing show. they are really good performers. i think neon ballroom was my fave, followed by frogstomp. daniel has turned 'interesting' i must admit....maybe he's just creative....
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • daniel is certainly "different" although very creative people can be a bit neurotic.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • WillWill Posts: 41
    daniel is certainly "different" although very creative people can be a bit neurotic.
    Well said! What's wrong with a little bit of eccentricity in rock n' roll?

Freakshow is class, but I think they're a little too downbeat to be listening to them constantly.
    ... still Alive...