Just why,....

I love them...
Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I loved them. I don't see any problems. They had alot of respect for Pearl Jam too. I remember an interview on MTV for their last album them giving props to Binaural and the direction Pearl Jam took. They were much better than Velvot Revolver, which I bought and got bored of very quickly.
  • Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    STP is...oops I mean was great.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Kinda boring, and I really don't like Scott Weiland.

although they do have quite a few songs that I absolutely adore.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love the stone temple pilots
  • Options
    Me too, I love STP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    They were an excellant band both times that I saw them live. No hating from these parts. I also own all five albums.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    They are a cool band but weiland seems like a huge dickhead...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    from 92-95 the were considered the Creed of their era, some haven't been so forgiving to the bashing they recieved back then. As for me, they were not the most original band, but had some of the best songs on radio in those days.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Tom K wrote:
    They are a cool band but weiland seems like a huge dickhead...

but why?
    i havent heard or read of anything that would qualify your statement.
    he seemed like he was into heroin and was 'honestly' into it, and now hes being disciplined (or disceprin from southpark :D) enough to stay off it. i think that speaks well of him if anything
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    my cat's name is Plush...that song was all about her!
  • Options
    I love STP stone temple pilots rock.
  • Options
    interstate love song is one of my fav songs of all time. definitely top 10, probably top 5.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    They're just not that good.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    they were good, not great but good. nothing out of the ordinary but a good solid guitar/drums/bass/vocals rock band to give a spin now and then
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    since no one really has said anything bad.

i don't like stp because they aren't a band anymore. velvet revolver doesn't do anything for me. and the deleo's getting together with the dude from filter is just stupid since he's a weiland type. the deleo's should get together with lenny kravitz. that would be a sweet band. think about it.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Tnerb248 wrote:
    since no one really has said anything bad.

i don't like stp because they aren't a band anymore.

-brent

So you don't like any classic rock bands, or bands that have broken up? And if Pearl Jam broke up you would stop liking them? What a silly thing to say.

STP is my favorite band, just check out my signature. There music is incredible. If you listen to all of their albums you can really hear what a diverse sound they had. That had some great anthemic rockers and also some wonderful quiter songs. I miss them dearly.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    love stp love love LOVE!!!
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Because I already have PJ...
    ya know, when they came out, I was already a PJ fan and didn't find like anything new on them, just my point of view though.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I love STP. Saw them live 10 times through the years and they put on an awesome show! While I am not thrilled by VR, I am glad Weiland is doing something, just like I am happy about the DeLeo's new project. Their music needs to be out there for all of us to hear.
  • Options
    I love STP. I think the Deleo brothers are very underrated!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    cookie5798 wrote:
    I love STP. I think the Deleo brothers are very underrated!

Couldnt agree more.

• Options
    I loved songs like "big empty", "plush", "interstate love song" ,"down"and "lady picture show" but I never bought one single album. They were a good band for good rock singles but they don't have an album that stands the test of time. Probably because their brand of rock is a little to generic overall. In my opinion , that is
  • Options
    When I seen them, he showed up late, and separately from the rest of the band(VR), and then left immediately after the show, while Slash, Duff, Dave, and the fill-in drummer hung out for awhile. That just struck me as kind of odd. Slash is by far the biggest star in the band, and he hung out. Seems to me like Scott has an ego problem.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Tiny Music... is a great album

Saw them in '94 at Cobo Hall in Detroit. Meat Puppets opend up.

Talk Show...not so good.

Weiland's solo album...pretty good.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I really like the first 2 albums "Core" and "12 Gracious Melodies" albums.
    After those albums they really cannot entertain me. Especially "Tiny music......" is really horrible I think.

I like the velvet revolver album though.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    They were much better than Velvot Revolver, which I bought and got bored of very quickly.
    I love STP, they were my first Favorite band , and i liked them better than PJ for years. i love there sound and everything about scott's voice. i was very saddened when they borke up, but there is always a chance of a reunion, Core blew my mind, it was the first album i ever bought i think i was 10 years old, i love 13 years ago and still do today!!

i agree LAO, i bought the album when it first came out and was very excited for it , i really liked the song Set Me Free, but no ther song really grasped my liking that much and i got very bored
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    imo, VR is just a guitarrist who wants long solos, Weiland who desperately wants his comeback and a bunch of 'others' wanting some covers on the Rolling Stone mag.

• Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    When I seen them, he showed up late, and separately from the rest of the band(VR), and then left immediately after the show, while Slash, Duff, Dave, and the fill-in drummer hung out for awhile. That just struck me as kind of odd. Slash is by far the biggest star in the band, and he hung out. Seems to me like Scott has an ego problem.
    maybe he:

a) had diarrhea
    b) had a family emergency
    c) had drug issues
    d) was in a bad mood that day
    e) had to rush back to the bedside of his dying cat

etc, etc

seriously............one time i saw PEARL JAM at jones beach and i was all the way on the left side......and as the last song ended matt, jeff, stone,and mike walked right past where i was and hopped into a van and sped off........no eddie........same thing, except NO ONE stopped to talk to fans........i didn't think they were dicks, how much more can they give people?
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    So you don't like any classic rock bands, or bands that have broken up? And if Pearl Jam broke up you would stop liking them? What a silly thing to say.

STP is my favorite band, just check out my signature. There music is incredible. If you listen to all of their albums you can really hear what a diverse sound they had. That had some great anthemic rockers and also some wonderful quiter songs. I miss them dearly.

quite the contrary. i love stp and the majority of bands i like are classic rock bands or bands that don't exist anymore.

i just said something negative because the subject of the thread was why don't you like stp, and no one had really said anything regarding why they dont' like them.

in fact, i think i'll put on tiny music right now, which by the way, goes great with yeild. so make a play list of yeild and tiny music and just let it go random. they work very nicely.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Ah, sorry brent, totally misunderstood what you were saying. Yes, the fact that they are broken up is also the only thing I don't like about STP. And thanks for the tip about Tiny Music and Yield, I will definitely try that.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.