Smashing Pumpkins Announce Show in Germany

AbookamongstthemanyAbookamongstthemany Posts: 8,209
edited January 2007 in Other Music
http://www.rock-am-ring.com/

*****OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Smashing Pumpkins have made their first official announcement of an appearance in 2007. The band will headline both Rock am Ring (6/2/07) and Rock im Park (6/3/07) Festivals in Germany. Tickets are available beginning on Saturday, January 27, 2007
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
-Oscar Wilde
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Awesome news, so that means there should be some UK dates sometime around then :) This is turning out to be the best summer ever!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    seems europe is the new black ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • fucking nazis....nothing changes.
  • Awesome news, so that means there should be some UK dates sometime around then :) This is turning out to be the best summer ever!

Let's hope so! This is great news, can't wait for the new album to come out :)
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    fuckin cool! thats great news. pumpkins are back.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Let's hope so! This is great news, can't wait for the new album to come out :)

Hell yeah, you just know the album is gonna fucking slay you!! from the sounds of things it's back to big guitars and drums, and let's be fair, it's about time Billy Corgan delivered another masterpiece, it's been a long 12 years since Mellon Collie.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    fucking nazis....nothing changes.

LMAO
  • still no james or d'arcy though, right?

so it's still just "smashing"...?
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    still no james or d'arcy though, right?

so it's still just "smashing"...?

no one knows. It just seems like it is only Billy and Jimmy since they are the ones who are posting up blogs on myspace.

but i'm down to see them even though it might only be billy and jimmy.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    As much as I love James and D'Arcy, Billy and Jimmy ARE SP. Billy used to re-record all of the guitar parts, and wrote most of the songs.

You can't just plug people in and call it Smashing Pumpkins, but Billy has some very talented friends that could help out. Auf der Maur on bass and Billy Howerdel on 2nd guitar wouldn't suck, for instance.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    As much as I love James and D'Arcy, Billy and Jimmy ARE SP. Billy used to re-record all of the guitar parts, and wrote most of the songs.

You can't just plug people in and call it Smashing Pumpkins, but Billy has some very talented friends that could help out. Auf der Maur on bass and Billy Howerdel on 2nd guitar wouldn't suck, for instance.

Yeah I agree. It was still smashing pumpkins when Jimmy was out of the band for a while, and again when Melissa Auf der Maur took over on bass. My guess is that James Iha will end up being involved again, with Melissa on bass.
  • I'd loveeeeee love love Mellissa to play bass for them.. and I really want James back, though that's still way up in the air. D'arcy can suck it.

James Avery (I think that's his name) from Janes' Addiction is involved somehow.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I saw a video where Jimmy was saying that the band was gonna release the album and then rehearse for a month and a half before touring...hopefully this means the album will be out around May or so!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • I saw a video where Jimmy was saying that the band was gonna release the album and then rehearse for a month and a half before touring...hopefully this means the album will be out around May or so!!
    actually, i've seen lists of albums due out this year and they were listed for May.

I have no idea where they got that from, because as far as I know the band hasn't said anything about it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • djwattdjwatt Posts: 6
    Billy said something about May being a special time this year on the pumpkins website, can't remember what he said exactly though