Tom Waits is on Conan tonight

spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
edited May 2007 in Other Music
and there's a chance he could play something old because he's not promoting anything, he's just on because conan's filming in san fran this week.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'll check it out, when it feeds over here.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    That's going to be fucking hot. Because Tom Waits is fucking hot. As is Ginger O'Brien.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    so what did he play?

i passed out (from being tired not booze, booze is tonight) before it aired & there's nothing on youtube yet
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Ain't Goin' Down To The Well is what he was playing, some sweet version.
    Then him and Conan talked about his affection with sounds. It was sweet.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    bovy_j wrote:

wow awesome thanks, cant wait to see that on youtube, it's an old leadbelly cover i believe
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • god fucking damnit!

I knew Waits was gonna be on sometime this past week and when conan said 'snoop dog coming up' last night I lost interest. I thought he was the musical guest..

mother fucking Conan O brien. This is the first time he's ever done me wrong (sort of). :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    bovy_j wrote:

Actually, he Played Lucinda off his Orphans album, but put a bit of Ain't Gown Down to the Well in it. Then he spun off a bit of Army Ants during the interview.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    Actually, he Played Lucinda off his Orphans album, but put a bit of Ain't Gown Down to the Well in it. Then he spun off a bit of Army Ants during the interview.

Yeah, I knew there was something with Ain't Goin Down to the Well. I don't have the Orphans album yet, so I wasn't really sure what else was in there. I enjoyed it though, and now am even more tempted to buy Orphans.
  • cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    I found the video finally. It's not on youtube yet. Here it is if you're interested. The interview is classic Waits!

http://pop.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=591928
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    is it me or is the audio very low on this? i jacked my volume all the way up and i can barely hear it.