The Hives

duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
edited December 2007 in Other Music
maaaaaan, i forgot how much fun this band are!!! such catchy rockin tunes and so damn sharply dressed as a band, its impressive

need to see them live again, once in 2002 aint enough
Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't heard anything since 'Your New Favourite Band' but that was an amazing album. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Good band, wish more bands had that kinda sound
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    duggro wrote:
    maaaaaan, i forgot how much fun this band are!!! such catchy rockin tunes and so damn sharply dressed as a band, its impressive

need to see them live again, once in 2002 aint enough
    Indeed. I saw them in October in all their natty fineness and it was a such ball. Rocking, enthusiastic, fun and good music.

Every band, old or new, up and coming or well established, should see at least one Hives show in their musical lifetime. A Hives show is a crash course in the art of showmanship.

It's the Ed Sullivan Show on crack and I mean that in every good way.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    dharma69 wrote:
    Indeed. I saw them in October in all their natty fineness and it was a such ball. Rocking, enthusiastic, fun and good music.

Every band, old or new, up and coming or well established, should see at least one Hives show in their musical lifetime. A Hives show is a crash course in the art of showmanship.

It's the Ed Sullivan Show on crack and I mean that in every good way.
    well said!

Howlin' Pelle is the ultimate frontman. He can't really sing or anything, but he prances around with the arrogance of a man who truly believes his band are the greatest band in the world.

i wanna be in the hives
    I haven't heard anything since 'Your New Favourite Band' but that was an amazing album. :D
    their new song i believe

there's been nothing in the last couple years that has made me wanna bounce around my room so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwhU99_66R8
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Remember seeing them a couple of years ago in a small bar in Portsmouth, i was really ill but has soon has they came on i was down the front jumping around like a mad man!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.