edited June 2007 in Other Music
yeeeeeeeeeeah motherfunkers!!

just got my tickets!

sooooooooooooooooooo happy
Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Can you believe the floor sold out by 9.02am.
    I'm up balcony but I'm also very fukin happy :D:D
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    ticketweb was the place to be, they had downstairs standing up until bout half 9

but no matter where we are- it will be EPIC!

mmmm ginger

p.s. rangers fc? boooooooo :)
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Nice, UNRESERVED balcony seating still on sale!

This also increases the chances of an Irish show (or two :o)!

Four free days before Glasgow and two free after Reading. Here's hoping...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    aye, i'd say its likely!!

i cant wait

seasick steve, willy mason, foo fighters, smashing pumpkins.......all in one week
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Just when you mentioned Foo Fighters I remembered they're playing Marlay Park in Dublin and there's usually a week long series of concerts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlay_Park#Concerts

Looking at these dates there is plenty of space that week. :) Cheers!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    duggro wrote:

p.s. rangers fc? boooooooo :)

And why would you be booooing Scotland's finest?! Wonder what team you prefer :rolleyes:

:)
    it should be obvious! i can spell, so it can't be hibs......
    duggro wrote:
    it should be obvious! i can spell, so it can't be hibs......
    You can spell? that rules out celtic, so Romanov and his nutters? lol.
    You can spell? that rules out celtic, so Romanov and his nutters? lol.
    that is correct

more into rugby, but been a jambo since i was a kid:) a proper team
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    WOOT!

I'm heading back to Glasgow for this show :):)

Hope the Academy's rather naff acoustics don't let it down.

It was billed on ticketmaster as An Evening with the Smashing Pumpkins.....I don't think theres going to be a support just an epic 3 hour set :D
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    well --- here is the review for the new album from my freind in austin who went to the listening party ...

this is what he said

1) Doomsday Clock (a song with a great drumm intro, apocaliptic riff, great drumming, angsty chorus)
    2) 7 Shades of Black (it sounds like a zero b-side, chorus and when billy screams doom are the only good parts of the song, the solo is kinda cool also)
    3) Orchid (first masterpiece of the album ... just wait and see ...)
    4) That's the Way (it reminds me of let me give the world to you, but with great sounding sonic guitars - my guess for the second single)
    5) Tarantula (we all heard it)
    6) Starz (this is the only song that realy sucks ...overproduced ...just not good)
    7) United States (an epic ... second masterpiece of the album ..., drumm solo, sonic guitars, great chorus ...revolution)
    8) Never Lost (yes- third masterpiece of the album - sounds like in arms of sleep, and has a good solo)
    9) Bring the Light (this one is kinda average, but still good, kinda popy)
    10) Come On (Let's Go) (well, this song is realy up tempo and has a good vibe to it, similar to thats the way, but not as good)
    11) For God and Country (think cure-bloodflowers album - kinda long but cool)
    12) Pomp and Circumstance (this is the best song on the album- great chorus - billy sings we can FAIL in style, great guitar, great drumming, just genius)

8/10
    i love rock chicks
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I am so pissed off i didnt hear about this til after the tickets had sold out!!
    chris01 wrote:
    I am so pissed off i didnt hear about this til after the tickets had sold out!!
    yeah it wasnt well announced or advertised at all (which i liked)

sorry for you though. there are loads on ebay, one might be goin cheap:)
    WOOT!

I'm heading back to Glasgow for this show :):)

Hope the Academy's rather naff acoustics don't let it down.

It was billed on ticketmaster as An Evening with the Smashing Pumpkins.....I don't think theres going to be a support just an epic 3 hour set :D
    oooooh mama, that would be awesome

the "an evening with..." part intrigued me...the london show didnt say that
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Can you believe the floor sold out by 9.02am.
    I'm up balcony but I'm also very fukin happy :D:D

congrats !! :) i know you are psyched. you did better than my niece in asheville, she couldn't get any tix out of nine shows.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    I was in Scotland the week before last on vacation with the fam. I was really hoping there were some shows going on but had no luck and we were pretty busy anyway. I must say though, what a beautiful country and place to visit. Would love to return one day. Don't think I'll be eating any haggis or black pudding though.
  • greenmindgreenmind Posts: 34
    duggro wrote:
    aye, i'd say its likely!!

i cant wait

seasick steve, willy mason, foo fighters, smashing pumpkins.......all in one week

pffft... sonic youth, sonic youth again, interpol, and billy's friend in slint all in that week... if i get a job.

i was actually gutted the pumpkins clashed, cuz sonic youth playing 'daydream nation' is one of the very few things i would rather see. thing is i'm already seeing it three times in 2 weeks. i just decided to give up on the stress of trying to get tix and selling sy ones... esp since i heard i couldn't get them in person at tickets scotalnd (actually i could have).

i guess they'll play the secc fairly soon tho. (still not that it'll be the same without darcy and james.)
    take a teenage riot to get me outta bed right now...
  • greenmindgreenmind Posts: 34
    cc10106 wrote:
    I was in Scotland the week before last on vacation with the fam. I was really hoping there were some shows going on but had no luck and we were pretty busy anyway. I must say though, what a beautiful country and place to visit. Would love to return one day. Don't think I'll be eating any haggis or black pudding though.

black pudding is english... speaking as a vegan, we wouldn't be so savage to eat caked blood here... just mashed sheep's brain for us.

well i fully endorse (genuinely extremely popular!)vegan haggis anyway.

btw, there is honestly a show i would want to go to in glasgow every single day.... sometimes more than one :(
    take a teenage riot to get me outta bed right now...
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    greenmind wrote:
    black pudding is english... speaking as a vegan, we wouldn't be so savage to eat caked blood here... just mashed sheep's brain for us.

well i fully endorse (genuinely extremely popular!)vegan haggis anyway.

btw, there is honestly a show i would want to go to in glasgow every single day.... sometimes more than one :(

Yeah sorry about the black pudding part. I know it's good to distinguish between the two nationalities. You should have seen the waitess at Hard Rock in Edinburgh that thought my Dad called her English. Hilarious. Anyway I had no way of knowing that, just that i didn't want to eat it. It was served in a little scottish diner, along with haggis, kinda like burritos or other fried foods at gas stations in the US. The haddock and chips was excellent anyway. We were only in Glasgow for a couple hours, the rest of the time was spent in Edinburgh, Stirling, and up north close to Inverness. That and a lot of driving around, which drove us all insane.
    cc10106 wrote:
    We were only in Glasgow for a couple hours, the rest of the time was spent in Edinburgh, Stirling, and up north close to Inverness.
    good call :)
    duggro wrote:
    that is correct

more into rugby, but been a jambo since i was a kid:) a proper team

A proper team, meaning? :)
    Madness losing Craig Gordon
    kdpjam wrote:
    congrats !! :) i know you are psyched. you did better than my niece in asheville, she couldn't get any tix out of nine shows.

Unbelievable, out of 9 shows! bummer
    Thanks, wish u were coming lass!
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I got my flights booked for this now.....flights from cardiff to Glasgow are rubbish compared to how they used to be!

Flying into Edinburgh at 8.15 on the Wednesday morning and then flying back out of Glasgow the following evening :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    SP, Sonic Youth and Foo Fighters are all playing Glasgow on the same night, that's unheard of! (usually :p)
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I never thought I'd see tour news on SP again. Pretty awesome. Hope I get to see them and I cannot wait for the new album July 10th. Congrats to you guys who get to see them soon. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
    A proper team, meaning? :)
    Madness losing Craig Gordon

im not a committed enough jambo to argue lots:)

losing gordon??

am i out of the loop?
    I got my flights booked for this now.....flights from cardiff to Glasgow are rubbish compared to how they used to be!

Flying into Edinburgh at 8.15 on the Wednesday morning and then flying back out of Glasgow the following evening :)
    sweeeeeeeeeet

will be an epic 3 hr supportless night!
    duggro wrote:
    im not a committed enough jambo to argue lots:)

losing gordon??

am i out of the loop?

He's the 2nd best keeper in Scotland, nevermind, you really are better off not knowing what's going on...

:p