One Big Holiday for me!

suns22suns22 Posts: 94
edited April 2008 in Other Music
So last night at work I was thinking about picking up the My Morning Jacket Okonokos cd. I've been getting into them lately after hearing Evil Urges and various other songs. Only problem is my money is tight at the moment, so I kept going back and forth rather to get it or not. But ultimately I decided I would wait till my next pay check in a couple of weeks.

So low and behold I log onto emusic this morning, and what do I see......the ENTIRE My Morning Jacket catalog newly available!

I still have enough downloads to get Okonokos, but I might have to spring for some more to get Z as well.

Thanks MMJ! I wish more big bands had their stuff on emusic.

*edit* it also looks like they will have Evil Urges album on June 10.
San Antonio '03
Houston '03
Dallas '03
Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
Bonnaroo '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bold99bold99 Posts: 17
    I noticed this on emusic also.....definitely get Z..that album is amazing....I have evil urges and i'm loving it right now..I heard they killed at Coachella.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Okonosos has a lot of the songs from Z on it.

I think sooner or later (like that my morning jacket song referencethere :) ) you should get Z but if money is tight Okonosos would get you many of hte songs on Z.

They are a great band. ive never checked out emusic. i've always used itunes. What is the difference?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 250
    I believe if you can find a DL version of the epic 3 day show in SF new years eve special, you should have every song in their catalog, im pretty sure - but correct me if im wrong.

Okonokos CD and DVD have diff tracks - Acoustic Chorale DVD has 4 more songs NOT on the Okonokos DVD, these were given away free with the first buyers at the MMJ website, now you can find AC DVD on the bay for around $20 - great deal if you ask me, even if its only 4 more songs.

But definitely go and get Okonokos!
    Previously known as Elzar
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    intodeep wrote:
    Okonosos has a lot of the songs from Z on it.

I think sooner or later (like that my morning jacket song referencethere :) ) you should get Z but if money is tight Okonosos would get you many of hte songs on Z.

They are a great band. ive never checked out emusic. i've always used itunes. What is the difference?

The first time I heard of it was on this board, just like MMJ.

The main difference is that you pay a subscribition fee each month and get a certain number of downloads. For instance, I was charged 14.99 this month and received 50 downloads. The only downside is the catalog is not as vast as itunes...there's a lot of independent stuff.

It's a great deal if you can find bands you're interested in. With my 50 downloads I got a Black Keys, Ryan Adams, and Okonokos album. If I would have bought that on itunes it would have been close to 40 bucks.

Emusic has a two week free trial where you get a bunch of free downloads....definitely check it out.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Bonnaroo '08
    suns22 wrote:
    The first time I heard of it was on this board, just like MMJ.

The main difference is that you pay a subscribition fee each month and get a certain number of downloads. For instance, I was charged 14.99 this month and received 50 downloads. The only downside is the catalog is not as vast as itunes...there's a lot of independent stuff.

It's a great deal if you can find bands you're interested in. With my 50 downloads I got a Black Keys, Ryan Adams, and Okonokos album. If I would have bought that on itunes it would have been close to 40 bucks.

Emusic has a two week free trial where you get a bunch of free downloads....definitely check it out.

Very cool.

Which Adams album did you get. I am a big fan of his too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Very cool.

Which Adams album did you get. I am a big fan of his too.

I got Heartbreaker. Unfortunately, it's the only album of his available on the site.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I've heard good things.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Bonnaroo '08
  • ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 250
    suns22 wrote:
    I got Heartbreaker. Unfortunately, it's the only album of his available on the site.

u mean Heartbreakin' Man ?

good EP

should also check out Sweatbees and chocolate and ice.

Acoustic Citsouca is also amazing all acoustic!
    Previously known as Elzar
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    suns22 wrote:

Heartbreaker is the classic Ryan Adams album. I'm sure you'll like it.:)

I've been thinking about buying an MMJ album on emusic since I joined last fall, but I never get around to it. I love Z and the Okonokos DVD, but I'm not a fan of the studio versions of the songs on It Still Moves, so I'm hesitant to buy another studio album.
  • soclose wrote:
    Heartbreaker is the classic Ryan Adams album. I'm sure you'll like it.:)

I've been thinking about buying an MMJ album on emusic since I joined last fall, but I never get around to it. I love Z and the Okonokos DVD, but I'm not a fan of the studio versions of the songs on It Still Moves, so I'm hesitant to buy another studio album.

Don't... like... It... Still... Moves...?:eek:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Okonokos is a must Buy!!!!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Don't... like... It... Still... Moves...?:eek:

I love all the live versions I've heard. I guess it's the production on the album that I don't like? It's not like I never listen to the album. It was just a let down for me after hearing live recordings.
  • soclose wrote:
    I love all the live versions I've heard. I guess it's the production on the album that I don't like? It's not like I never listen to the album. It was just a let down for me after hearing live recordings.

I was just kidding anyways.:p It's my favourite album of theirs - I love the reverb, and, obviously, the amazing songs they wrote for it. Rollin' Back is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    suns22 wrote:

Heartbreaker has some great songs on it. Come Pick Me Up is a really cool song.

Some of my favs by him are
    Heartbreaker
    Cold Roses
    Love is Hell
    Easy Tiger
    Gold

the others are good to. My least favorites are 29 and rock and roll, but like neil young every album has at least a few really good songs on it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Heartbreaker has some great songs on it. Come Pick Me Up is a really cool song.

Some of my favs by him are
    Heartbreaker
    Cold Roses
    Love is Hell
    Easy Tiger
    Gold

the others are good to. My least favorites are 29 and rock and roll, but like neil young every album has at least a few really good songs on it.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have the other albums you mentioned, but still need to pick up Cold Roses.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Bonnaroo '08