I Am Kloot

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone ever listen to any of their music, or perhaps seen them live?

I started with Gods and Monsters and fell in love with the album, and am discovering the rest of their repertoire, amazing they haven't gained more critical acclaim.

There's a show online here: http://www.fabchannel.com/i_am_kloot_concert if you've never heard them at least check out 'Someone Like You', I Believe' and 'Proof'
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I've seen them twice (once electric full band, once acoustic solo), which isn't much for someone living in Manchester. In the 3 years I've lived in Manchester I've had at least 15 chances to see them. They're always doing some residency in some bar or showcasing new material. Must be great for any big fan, but personally I think they're just alright.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    have listened to their self titled album and really liked it. Never cared to listen to their other stuff even though i like that album. Time to give them another try.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I wouldn't yet go as far as calling myself a big fan yet, I'm a music lover and their bluesy, unpolished sound is something I really like. I didn't know they made more albums than Gods and Monsters and am just discovering the rest. Will see them live for the 1st time this sunday.
    just saw them perform and im impressed. i reckon you like it or love it, for me it's the latter.. my guess is they only perform when it rains.

came home 20 minutes ago, thought about it and started the fabchannel stream and opened the Remy Martin XO i've had for 10 yrs. bliss
    CLEAR!

*thread resuscitation*

imho listening to albums and live work for the last couple of weeks, great music, great lyrics, very spacious, minimal, direct and honest. I Am Kloot for all!