The Veils

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Anyone know this band? I heard the Nux Vomica album at a friends last year and loved it. The passion and melancholy in Finn's voice is amazing and all the tracks have a really gripping quality to them. Saw them live earlier this year and will see them again tomorrow, can't wait!
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    they're cool, got a great sound & their live shows are really good. the chick is quite funny too, not to mention easy on the eye ;)
    i met finn at a muse show once, it was back when they were on hiatus, between the two albums. at the time finn was unsure what was happening, he was back in NZ figuring things out. nice guy :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    like the debut alot......dont think they played ireland yet though!

however just bein my luck...he/they supported ed harcourt here in
    liverpool last month and i coudnt go!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    The tide that and never came back is about the only thing i heard from them, i enjoyed it.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    hguz73 wrote:
    The tide that and never came back is about the only thing i heard from them, i enjoyed it.
    Than there's 2 albums full of gems waiting for you..

The show tonight was awesome!!! Small venue, enthusiastic crowd, Lavinia solo as the 1st song for the encore, 3 new songs, good times!

It's an intense sound that peaks when heard live, and itsevobaby the bass chick is for sure pure eye candy! Love how she moves..
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Here's a live stream of a concert last year in one of the most beautiful Dutch venues Paradiso, good quality sound and full screen option: http://fabchannel.com/the_veils