Options

Editors

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Anyone heard this band? They're british and have a great debut album (the back room) out.. I saw them at a festival this summer and later in a small club, great shows!

early live show: http://www2.xfm.co.uk/staticweb/avplayers/x-posure01/xposure76_lofi.html?playhigh
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I think they sound a little too much like Interpol, but a co worker ordered the album and he'll let me have a listen, maybe after that my opinion may change.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    there are things similiar, but i think the style is quite different, Editors have a more 80's / dreamy sound to them imo.

u can watch a online stream in very good quality on http://www.fabchannel.com (also featured are stereophonics, bloc party, starsailor and many others)
  • Options
    Yo Obi!

I'm digging Editors. Just today the magazine came out where I interviewed their guitar player. Really nice guy. They're playing in Ghent this Sunday, I'm going for sure.

And yes, there's the obvious Interpol (interviewed them as well, a little less nice guys, but still okay) and Joy Division link, but I still think they stand on their own. And their songs are just good, straight forward and decent rock songs.

They're fun, where, for example, I don't see Interpol as fun.
  • Options
    Hey Pearlwax! What a job, interviewing musicians, nice! Is the magazine also available in the Netherlands? I saw them at the Paradiso a week ago, the show is online at the site i mentioned above, great sound and energy, too bad they don't play longer than 1 hour.. Still worth seeing, have fun!