Interpol

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited May 2007 in Other Music
They will open for PJ in Dusseldorf and I really think it's cool to see them again. I own both their albums and think they have a great sound. I heard they have a new album on the way, any1 have any info on that?
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• larslars Posts: 524
    Obi Once wrote:
    They will open for PJ in Dusseldorf and I really think it's cool to see them again. I own both their albums and think they have a great sound. I heard they have a new album on the way, any1 have any info on that?
    Interpol rules. What an awesome gig....pj & interpol. Can you ask for more.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    lars wrote:
    Can you ask for more.
    Always! :) I'm quite hard to please, but I agree pretty awesome combo, it's more than I expected! And the other opening act sound good too, so I'm happy.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Obi Once wrote:

I really like Interpol, wish I could see them...
    and PJ of course :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I am now looking for either a Munich ticket or a Dusseldorf one...

I hope I am lucky.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    dang I wished I lived there. this is the one band that I think is overshadowed by a lot of other commercially successful bands. I feel they're probably the most underrated bands out there today. I saw them live about 2 years ago and they were amazing. they just have this really cool sound. I can't wait for their new album. seeing them open for PJ would be the best, so anyone going to this show you're very lucky and I'm jealous.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
    Funkdog wrote:
    dang I wished I lived there. this is the one band that I think is overshadowed by a lot of other commercially successful bands. I feel they're probably the most underrated bands out there today. I saw them live about 2 years ago and they were amazing. they just have this really cool sound. I can't wait for their new album. seeing them open for PJ would be the best, so anyone going to this show you're very lucky and I'm jealous.
    tell me you didnt write "dang" on purpose
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i still like the editors better ;)
    that´s like saying you like creed better than pearl jam
    lars wrote:
    that´s like saying you like creed better than pearl jam

eh, if you wanna go that route interpol AND the editors are both just joy division/new order knock offs. i see it more as a radiohead/muse thing... and muse is ok in their own right. so are the editors. creed sucks.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    eh, if you wanna go that route interpol AND the editors are both just joy division/new order knock offs.

if that's what you think, you aren't listening properly.

editors sound nothing like interpol, open your ears.
  • lars wrote:

That would be the best concert EVER! OMG, I can't believe I won't get to see that.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
    Arctangent wrote:
    if that's what you think, you aren't listening properly.

editors sound nothing like interpol, open your ears.
    apart from the music and sound they have nothing in common
    I like 'm too but it's hard to say which I like better, I kinda heard the Back Room a bit too often and seen them 4 times already.. so I'm looking forward to new work of 'm.
    Obi Once wrote:
    I like 'm too but it's hard to say which I like better, I kinda heard the Back Room a bit too often and seen them 4 times already.. so I'm looking forward to new work of 'm.

i think they've got one due out this year. im anxious. never seen em live... they were at lollapalooza last year but i didnt really know who they were back then. anyway, they're both good bands.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    lars wrote:
    apart from the music and sound they have nothing in common

yes. still not really listening, are you?

:rolleyes:
    i think they've got one due out this year. im anxious. never seen em live... they were at lollapalooza last year but i didnt really know who they were back then. anyway, they're both good bands.
    They can be an energetic bunch, I saw 'm in a club in my hometown and they blew the roof off.. ever seen this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RMjc-1xfcFo

Is there any idea of the release date of the new Interpol album? their site holds no info.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Amazing band, they havent made any bad songs yet.........one of the few brightspots in an otherwise lame decade so far for alternative music
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    The site has the date 07-10-07 on it, I'm very curious for new work!
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I saw them play a small club in Kitchener (a city outside Toronto) about 2 weeks back.....they were incredible (I have seen them live 4 times now).

They played 4 new songs - and they were all insanely good. If they are any indication of what the new album is going to sound like then you wont be disappointed. The new songs sounded a little more Turn On The Bright Lights'ish than Anitics'ish (had that dark/atmospheric/noisy vibe). I think one new song was called Mammoth (or something like that)

.....very excited
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    Sounds awesome! And what a gift to have them open for Pearl Jam in Düsseldorf ! :D
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Obi Once wrote:
    Love this band....and they were mighty fine and easily the best dressed band I've ever seen at Coachella on Friday.

The new album comes out July 10th: "Our Love To Admire". They played 3 songs from it; 2 were "Mammoth" and "The Heinrich Maneuver"...whatever that means. Interpol's never been one to be simply lucid.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    lars wrote:
    Im so jealous, what a show that would be. I heard Interpol shows arent the most exciting but I love there music, paired with PJ...perfection.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
    dharma69 wrote:
    Love this band....and they were mighty fine and easily the best dressed band I've ever seen at Coachella on Friday.

The new album comes out July 10th: "Our Love To Admire". They played 3 songs from it; 2 were "Mammoth" and "The Heinrich Maneuver"...whatever that means. Interpol's never been one to be simply lucid.

sweet... so it will be out in time for lolla? i cant really get into antics, but after this thread i did pick up both albums and turn on the bright lights is incredible.
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    sweet... so it will be out in time for lolla? i cant really get into antics, but after this thread i did pick up both albums and turn on the bright lights is incredible.

I thought Interpol disliked PJ, is this a festival or a PJ gig?

interpol opened for pearl jam recently in europe. and both bands are playing the lollapalooza festival in chicago this sumer. why dyou think they dislike them? i dont know much about interpol so im curious.
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    interpol opened for pearl jam recently in europe. and both bands are playing the lollapalooza festival in chicago this sumer. why dyou think they dislike them? i dont know much about interpol so im curious.

I had read where the singer said he admired PJ position (Selling out arenas, having new albums go gold with little press) but he hated their music. I like INterpol, and I want to Interpol to like PJ... Apprently they have come to their senses :>)
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i like interpol alot. i saw them live in raleigh. don't love 'em tho.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    I had read where the singer said he admired PJ position (Selling out arenas, having new albums go gold with little press) but he hated their music. I like INterpol, and I want to Interpol to like PJ... Apprently they have come to their senses :>)

come to think of it, that does sound familiar. maybe he figured it was no reason not to tour with them. i can see that though... there are a lot of groups i feel that way about. they're great and all and i admire them, but their music just isn't my thing.
    It's a PJ gig.
    interpol opened for pearl jam recently in europe.
    Seriously? I didn't know that...
    Obi Once wrote:
    It's a PJ gig.

Seriously? I didn't know that...

lollapalooza is a festival, not a pearl jam gig. and yeah, from what i recall, it was a year or so ago.