what i feel about my bloody valentine's music

deadnothingbetterdeadnothingbetter Posts: 2,202
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i feel that this is a band, since in their prime they remained underground, have remained as one of the most underrated bands to ever exist. but it doesn't mean they go without recognition. they have influenced a sub-culture and i consider myself to be a part of it.

but man, their music.... i say it in all sincerity.... but their music gives me the same kind of feeling i get when i'm in love. or at least, just about.

their tremolo and glider ep's were probably the best they ever put out. yes, of course, alongside with loveless.
This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've read a lot of good things about them. i definately need to check them out.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have been a slightly-more-than-casual fan of Loveless since the day it came out.

I have been listening to bands of late (Jesu, Alcest) that I have absolutely fallen in love with. Looking back, it is simply amazing how these bands were influenced by MBV and Loveless in particular. Loveless was WAY ahead of the times. And though I do enjoy the above bands more than MBV, I had fun going back to MBV and realizing how influential they were and in fact appreciated them much more.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Good band. good Album (loveless).

But I don't get as excited as you all do about them. That is not a bad thing they just don't strike me the same way.

I do like listening to the album though but i consider it one of those albums you put on and go from start to finish. I usually don't just put on one song.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22