watcha think of this seether

deadnothingbetterdeadnothingbetter Posts: 2,202
edited January 2008 in Other Music
covering pearl jam's "immortality"?

i like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwLOaCGG60

and it's a great song choice to cover.
This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Me too. :)

But that might have something to do with me thinking the lead singer guy looks a lot like my ex. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Me too. :)

But that might have something to do with me thinking the lead singer guy looks a lot like my ex. :D
    don't wanna break your heart but i always thought the dude from seether looked pretty trashy and creepy.

i always wondered what all the grunge bands would've been like if they dressed up with ties, suits and shiny shoes. that of been cool... too bad they were all in their angst bullshit and media bashers. now pearl jam was the only band who practically stuck together and pull out of that "phase". they dress pretty decent now... like normal fellas. that's pretty cool.

then there was the "nu metal" scene... which took that "rebellion concept" to a pretentious level.

now there's a bunch of whiny emo kids... just plain silly.

i wonder what will be next.

i like bands who perform in ties and suits... like david bowie and all the 80's bands.... talking heads in particular. now that's fucking tres bien!
    don't wanna break your heart but i always thought the dude from seether looked pretty trashy and creepy.

i always wondered what all the grunge bands would've been like if they dressed up with ties, suits and shiny shoes. that of been cool... too bad they were all in their angst bullshit and media bashers. now pearl jam was the only band who practically stuck together and pull out of that "phase". they dress pretty decent now... like normal fellas. that's pretty cool.

then there was the "nu metal" scene... which took that "rebellion concept" to a pretentious level.

now there's a bunch of whiny emo kids... just plain silly.

i wonder what will be next.

i like bands who perform in ties and suits... like david bowie and all the 80's bands.... talking heads in particular. now that's fucking tres bien!

That's ok. :) We can't all like the same stuff hey? And that guy does look at lot like my ex and we had a good time together.

I'm still trying to recover from going to see Faith No More and having them all dressed up like bloody accountants! :eek:

I guess I don't follow anything specifically but I do like this cover, and the guy looks good to me, and I loved him and Amy Lee doing Broken but other than that I've not really followed them that much.

It's not what they wear anyway, it's who they are. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    That's ok. :) We can't all like the same stuff hey?
    well, yeah. totally. like, for starters... i don't like boys ;)
    It's not what they wear anyway, it's who they are. :)
    but not while it's pretentious.... "oh, look at me. i don't care about anything... yeah, i hate pop, i hate the media, i hate tv, i hate commercializationazationshit... ah, fuck what else do i hate? ah, i don't care... i hate everything man. i don't know... fuck, i said i don't care. you know why? cause i'm grunge... that's right, man. i'm wearing my dirty underwears and a plaid shirt with ripped sleeves... ah, my pants i wore these for work. yeah,that's right cause i don't care man. oh that's right... i don't have a job. look at me, i'm breaking my guitar... you know why? cause i don't care, bro. i'm a rockstar, man." hahaha... that's awesome.

j/k i loved all those grunge bands... they were awesome.
    well, yeah. totally. like, for starters... i don't like boys ;)

haha! :D Well it would be cool if you do as far as I'm concerned. Whatever floats your boat! :)
    but not while it's pretentious.... "oh, look at me. i don't care about anything... yeah, i hate pop, i hate the media, i hate tv, i hate commercializationazationshit... ah, fuck what else do i hate? ah, i don't care... i hate everything man. i don't know... fuck, i said i don't care. you know why? cause i'm grunge... that's right, man. i'm wearing my dirty underwears and a plaid shirt with ripped sleeves... ah, my pants i wore these for work. yeah,that's right cause i don't care man. oh that's right... i don't have a job. look at me, i'm breaking my guitar... you know why? cause i don't care, bro. i'm a rockstar, man." hahaha... that's awesome.

j/k i loved all those grunge bands... they were awesome.

haha! :D Well I guess everyone has to have an "image" these days if they wanna get anywhere. Sad that's what the world's come to.

Incidently there are some really cool film clips in this series from Seether. I'm enjoying them. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    This cover got me to give Seether another chance after seeing them live back in 02 and they were horrible- now I love them and even got to see them back in 11-07 and they rocked. Shawn is a much better singer now that he's sober.

They covered "Nutshell" by AIC when I saw them live back in 07- they rocked it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    This cover got me to give Seether another chance after seeing them live back in 02 and they were horrible- now I love them and even got to see them back in 11-07 and they rocked. Shawn is a much better singer now that he's sober.

They covered "Nutshell" by AIC when I saw them live back in 07- they rocked it!

So do you know if this series on videos on youtube are available on dvd?

Coz I think I'd like to see it all. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I wont even watch that video just for the fact that it is Seether
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I wont even watch that video just for the fact that it is Seether
    well, can't believe i'm saying this but you're kinda missing out. it's really good.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    well, can't believe i'm saying this but you're kinda missing out. it's really good.

Hey don't worry about Oasis.....he's probably having a wank listening to Wonderwall for the 34,456,387,962 time anyways!!! :p

As far as Seether goes I saw them open for Audiosalve in 05 and they were great .....did a killer version of Drain You.........I'm seeing them open another show here next month hope they bust out the Immortality cover! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Seether gets a bad rap, but they are actually really good live. I have seen them 3 or 4 times live and the first time they did an awesome version of You Know Your'e Right.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    Jeanie wrote:
    So do you know if this series on videos on youtube are available on dvd?

Coz I think I'd like to see it all. :)
    The show that they did Immortality live is from a Cd/DVD that they released a couple of years ago called ONE COLD NIGHT. i have it on CD, would love to get it on DVD. If anyone can help me out, please PM me
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    The show that they did Immortality live is from a Cd/DVD that they released a couple of years ago called ONE COLD NIGHT. i have it on CD, would love to get it on DVD. If anyone can help me out, please PM me

Ta. :)

Might go see if it's available on dvd here. Of course if it is and I get it, it'll be in area 4 or whatever the bloody hell we are, so not sure it would be much good to you less you have one of them fancy dvd players with all the bells and whistles. :):o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i've seen them live a few times in an opening capacity. wasn't very impressed by their sets. i was supposed to see them tonight, but i talked my way out of that.

i do, however, enjoy their covers.
  • uninnocent wrote:
    i do, however, enjoy their covers.
    i feel the same way
    LukinFan wrote:

Here we go. :) It's available as a cd with bonus dvd. :)

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,3683567,00.html

And apparently also available in Oz courtesy of JB. :)

http://www.jbhifimusic.com.au/Seether/One+Cold+Night

Looks like I'm off to JB again! :eek: :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Here we go. :) It's available as a cd with bonus dvd. :)

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,3683567,00.html

Looks like I'm off to JB again! :eek: :D
    Anyone wanna do a B/P for me for the DVD? I already bought the Cd when it came out from a used CD store and the DVD wasn't included :(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    Though their immortality is good they really nailed River of Deciet
  • This is a damn good cover. I liked Seether before, but I have more respect for them now.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i was gonna call my friends earlier and ask if seether played any good covers, but then i realized my friends wouldn't know anything they'd cover. i need better friends.
    LukinFan wrote:
    Anyone wanna do a B/P for me for the DVD? I already bought the Cd when it came out from a used CD store and the DVD wasn't included :(

Well when I get it I'm happy to but it'll be region 4, so I'm not sure you'll be able to play it anyway. :) :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well when I get it I'm happy to but it'll be region 4, so I'm not sure you'll be able to play it anyway. :) :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
    Nope, but thanks for the offer.

Anyone else?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com