Los Dynamite

deadnothingbetterdeadnothingbetter Posts: 2,202
edited May 2007 in Other Music
apparently, there's more mexican rock bands out there than i thought. these here are the dynamite.... kinda like a cross of interpol (happy side) and bloc party. they shouldn't have a hard time making it big here in america. i'm tired of this british invasion bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Cd-EGsAXo
This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• here's another great one by Los Dynamite. SUPPORT MEXICAN INDIE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwihC0_Ewg&mode=related&search=
  • This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    apparently, there's more mexican rock bands out there than i thought. these here are the dynamite.... kinda like a cross of interpol (happy side) and bloc party. they shouldn't have a hard time making it big here in america. i'm tired of this british invasion bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Cd-EGsAXo

Tired of something that happened 40 years ago?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Tired of something that happened 40 years ago?
    arctic monkeys, radiohead, franz ferdinand.... it's still going on. but no, i'm not really tired of it. i was just saying.... being silly.
    arctic monkeys, radiohead, franz ferdinand.... it's still going on.

Not exactly, Arctic Monkeys did well on the billboard charts but I still know tons of people that have never even heard of them and I have yet to here them on the alternative stations here, Radiohead hasnt released anything lately, and Franz Ferdinand had their time in the spotlight but I dont see them getting any bigger than they were.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

By the way, what I listened to was quality but I dont think we necessarily need another band that sounds like this.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Not exactly, Arctic Monkeys did well on the billboard charts but I still know tons of people that have never even heard of them and I have yet to here them on the alternative stations here, Radiohead hasnt released anything lately, and Franz Ferdinand had their time in the spotlight but I dont see them getting any bigger than they were.
    but you get my point.... listen to these other guys.
  • By the way, what I listened to was quality but I dont think we necessarily need another band that sounds like this.
    it's not a necessity of "need" more of a "if you like you should listen to" just take it for what it is. i ain't saying that they're the best thing that's come along... i'm just saying, "yo, listen to these guys." i don't like being pretentious.

if you'd like to listen to something more original and probably even better than most bands like radiohead or our beloved flaming lips then check out cafe tacuba. i can argue that these guys are seriously good. but like you said we americans are busy in our own world so we take on the attitude of, "oh, we've got enough music for our liking here in america." but it's not a big deal... just if you'd like to listen to them check them out. they're worth it. and besides they sing english... not hard to follow.