Name 5 Guilty Pleasure Albums You Own

2»

Comments

• Paramore are OK - plenty of people like em around here.

There's an acoustic version of Misery Business on youtube where you can see the raw talent she has with her voice... it's ridiculously good... even if it is somewhat poppy...
  • NakedClown wrote:
    There's an acoustic version of Misery Business on youtube where you can see the raw talent she has with her voice... it's ridiculously good... even if it is somewhat poppy...

Ahh yeah, i've watched that clip a few times and i love it. She's a very attractive girl too :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• brain of c wrote:
    i have 3eb........not because it's guilty.......because it's good.
    Me too.
    glasshouse wrote:
    david gray - white ladder
    I have that one, too, and don't feel the least bit guilty about it.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • 1) Bryan Adams - Best of, or Unplugged, whichever's worse
    2) The Darkness - Permission to Land
    3) Any of the WWF/E records you care to think about
    4) Cinderella - Greatest Hits
    5) Def Leppard - Euphoria (Even though I still think it's got some awesome songs on there)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • 1) Bryan Adams - Best of, or Unplugged, whichever's worse
    2) The Darkness - Permission to Land
    3) Any of the WWF/E records you care to think about
    4) Cinderella - Greatest Hits
    5) Def Leppard - Euphoria (Even though I still think it's got some awesome songs on there)

However much people hate it, the Darkness - Permission to Land is one excellent album. And the reviews concured at the time, as well; such a shame they split shortly afterwards.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • However much people hate it, the Darkness - Permission to Land is one excellent album. And the reviews concured at the time, as well; such a shame they split shortly afterwards.

I think it was a combination of overexposure, and Justin Hawkins being a gigantic twat that soured a lot of opinions. Hey, I've played I Believe In A Thing Called Love in front of my entire old school. I know it's a good rock record... as long as I can separate it from Justin's massive ego.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I think it was a combination of overexposure, and Justin Hawkins being a gigantic twat that soured a lot of opinions. Hey, I've played I Believe In A Thing Called Love in front of my entire old school. I know it's a good rock record... as long as I can separate it from Justin's massive ego.:D

Yeah, you're right.

Love Is Only A Feeling and Get Your Hands Off of My Woman were stand-outs for me. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Yeah, you're right.

Love Is Only A Feeling and Get Your Hands Off of My Woman were stand-outs for me. :D

I liked Friday Night, Growing On Me, and Holding My Own best.:D
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I liked Friday Night, Growing On Me, and Holding My Own best.:D
    Holding my own was a truly great song.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I liked Friday Night, Growing On Me, and Holding My Own best.:D

Yeah those were great too.. tbh there isn't a bad song on the album, which makes it a fantastic album, whatever you think about the Darkness.

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Eddie Money - Greatest Hits
    Alanis Morrissette - Unplugged
    Train - Drops of Jupiter
    David Gray - White Ladder
    White Lion - Pride
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    PJSerf wrote:
    Eddie Money - Greatest Hits
    Alanis Morrissette - Unplugged

I have those two as well, but I rarely listen to them. Also got:

Air Supply - Greatest Hits
    Hall and Oates - Greatest Hits
    Avril Lavigne - Let Go
    Pink - Missundaztood
    Saturday Night Fever soundtrack
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • dire straights - brothers and arms (all of their albums if i'm being truthfull!)
    eve - evolution
    kula shaker - k
    extreme - 3 sides

which is all i can think of. i'm prety sure i bought offspring - smash back in the day out of peer pressure as well. but its long since departed.

to be fair i stand by dire straights. eve's album (still not entirely sure who she is) i bought for a song i'd heard on the radio and it wasnt on it. kula shaker, hey they were big for a brief 5 minutes. extreme i bought for tragic comic which i still think is a genius tune
  • theres plenty of stuff been meanin to trash 4 ages but never got around to it! eg. the LAs never listen to 90 percent of what i own!
  • ISUalISUal Posts: 40
    dirty flow wrote:
    dire straights - brothers and arms (all of their albums if i'm being truthfull!)
    eve - evolution
    kula shaker - k
    extreme - 3 sides

which is all i can think of. i'm prety sure i bought offspring - smash back in the day out of peer pressure as well. but its long since departed.

to be fair i stand by dire straights. eve's album (still not entirely sure who she is) i bought for a song i'd heard on the radio and it wasnt on it. kula shaker, hey they were big for a brief 5 minutes. extreme i bought for tragic comic which i still think is a genius tune

yeah, I definitely would NOT call Dire Straits a guilty pleasure. Mark Knopfler is a great guitar player, and Brothers in Arms is a great album.
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Kylie Minogue-Fever
    Journey-Greatest Hits
    Madonna-Immaculate Collection
    Duran Duran-Greatest Hits
    Justin Timberlake-Future Sex/Love Sounds
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    gabers wrote:
    David Gray is the worst you could come up with? He's actually got street cred. Well, maybe critical cred anyway.

He has got great critical cred.I have White Ladder and Life In Slow Motion and I'm not the least bit mortified.I think he has a beautiful voice.A bit irritating to watch though with his wobbly head (although he was interviewed once and asked why he wobbles when playing live,he says it happens sponateniously as he gets deeper into the music,fair play to the man.
    I get far more guilty of pleasures from:

Stevie Nicks Belladonna
    Journey Greatest Hits
    Hootie and The Blowfish Cracked Rear View!!! (title?) hasn't been played in many years.But felt guilt as soon as I was given it by a friend who claimed "this band are gonna change music forever"!!Whatever happened there?
    Train Drops of Jupiter (ditto above)
    Dio Holy Diver (eeek)

common thread:all guitly as charghed.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • this is defo ONE guilty pleasure album.... Spandau Ballet, greatest hits!
    hmmm
    'Gold!'
  • this is defo ONE guilty pleasure album.... Spandau Ballet, greatest hits!
    hmmm
    'Gold!'

Always believe in your..

• Always believe in your..

SOUL!
  • 1. Paramore - Riot! (Seriously, I love this album...*sigh*)

This is probably my only guilty pleasure album. I'm confident about the quality of my music collection.
  • 1. Wham - Make it Big
    2. The Essential Kenny Loggins
    3. John Mayer - Room for Squares
    4. Triumph - Allied Forces
    5. Sting - Mercury Falling
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24