It's a fact

deadnothingbetterdeadnothingbetter Posts: 2,202
edited July 2007 in Other Music
There are great christian rock bands who sorta tend to deviate from the whole preachy lyrics. here a few great honorable mentions

The Prayer Chain
Starflyer 59
Justice
Mewithoutyou
for the close-minded ones, give these bands a try.

I also heard somewhere along the grapevine that Sufjan Stevens is also christian

prayer chain link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCN5n-sI3WY
This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I heard of that band starflyer 59 but never realized they were a christian band.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    I heard of that band starflyer 59 but never realized they were a christian band.
    yes, they are... they are on tooth and nail record, a christian label. here's their myspace link

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11729254

their best albums are Gold, The Fashion Focus and Leave Here a Stranger.... all sound very different but are all really great.... and definitely worth owning.
    huh...never knew that. If a band is good I don't think it matters if they are christian. As long as they aren't hitting you over the head "jesus take the wheel" style.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    huh...never knew that. If a band if good I don't think it matters if they are christian. As long as they aren't hitting you over the head "jesus take the wheel" style.
    yeah, i totally understand... i wouldn't recommend a christian artist to anyone if all they do is "preach" cause that's just weird.
    Remember that hair metal christian group Stryper?
  • libragirl wrote:
    Remember that hair metal christian group Stryper?
    oh, do I? god, yes.... that was just a funny band.... but i don't know, were you a fan? did they have any fans?

the only song i can think of that was actually kinda cool was "To Hell with the Devil"
    oh, do I? god, yes.... that was just a funny band.... but i don't know, were you a fan? did they have any fans?

the only song i can think of that was actually kinda cool was "To Hell with the Devil"

nah, I wasn't a fan but I did find them hilarious. They were so over the top. I really can't recall their songs though.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    libragirl wrote:
    nah, I wasn't a fan but I did find them hilarious. They were so over the top. I really can't recall their songs though.

they used to throw bibles out to the crowd at the end of the show ... probably not the crowd that's most likely to accept God, but, worth the effort to them I guess.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    they used to throw bibles out to the crowd at the end of the show ... probably not the crowd that's most likely to accept God, but, worth the effort to them I guess.
    that's real hilarious
    that's crazy. :D