Options

Ten Club/Pearl Jam could learn a thing from Radiohead

mensanemensane Posts: 912
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I am not a big Radiohead fan. But this morning on the radio, the dj was interviewing Radiohead's bass player. He was asked about the fact that only a list of cities have been released for their upcoming tour.

He said their reasoning was that they wanted everyone to know if they were coming to their area. He said dates would be finalized later, but didnt want someone in Santa Barbara to think that the band wasn't coming to their area and fly across the country only to have a date announced in their area later in the tour.

Kind of like people in the south saying to themselves "surely PJ will announce something closer to us later", only to end up missing out on seeing any shows that tour.

just give people an IDEA of where you will be going....is that too much to ask.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    one of my favorite subjects.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    yah that would be a much nicer way of doing it... i feel bad for those who missed out on the '06 tour...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    it has been over a year and i still cant get over how they announced the last tour.....
    hehehehehehehe..................
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    BITCH AND MOAN - the motto of forums.pearljam.com

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    To hell with all those redneck, Bible-thumping racist bigoted hicks.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    one of my favorite subjects.......

I love buying tickets to a show 1000 miles away and then being told the next day that there will be a show 10 minutes from my house :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    mensane wrote:
    I am not a big Radiohead fan. But this morning on the radio, the dj was interviewing Radiohead's bass player. He was asked about the fact that only a list of cities have been released for their upcoming tour.

He said their reasoning was that they wanted everyone to know if they were coming to their area. He said dates would be finalized later, but didnt want someone in Santa Barbara to think that the band wasn't coming to their area and fly across the country only to have a date announced in their area later in the tour.

Kind of like people in the south saying to themselves "surely PJ will announce something closer to us later", only to end up missing out on seeing any shows that tour.

maybe you should join their fanclub.... :rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    BITCH AND MOAN - the motto of forums.pearljam.com
    a relevant article came up that includes a different technique used by PJ's touring heavyweight peer... if you were in the south and missed an entire tour youd still be pissed too... seems to me like constructive criticism more than "BITCH AND MOAN"... its never too late to learn something for the next time around

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I love buying tickets to a show 1000 miles away and then being told the next day that there will be a show 10 minutes from my house :D
    to this day.....

kathy still wants to kick me in the balls for dragging her to philly....and cincy...and cleveland....and grand rapids.....

when we could have saved our cash......and spent 10 fucking days in Hawaii....

and i still cant understand why we were never given the reason behind announcing the tour like they did....

i realize the 10club doesnt owe me a damn thing....but it would have been nice to hear some sort of explanation....
  • Options
    to this day.....

kathy still wants to kick me in the balls for dragging her to philly....and cincy...and cleveland....and grand rapids.....

and i still cant understand why we were never given the reason behind announcing the tour like they did....

i realize the 10club doesnt owe me a damn thing....but it would have been nice to hear some sort of explanation....
    $ $ $

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    i can't dissagree with this thread that would way better just to announce all the dates or state thru here will be heading to this part of the country/world on the next leg ....i don't think that is asking for to much ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    sgossard3 wrote:
    a relevant article came up that includes a different technique used by PJ's touring heavyweight peer... if you were in the south and missed an entire tour youd still be pissed too... seems to me like constructive criticism more than "BITCH AND MOAN"... its never too late to learn something for the next time around

another motto is - please help me I need some hand holding.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    $ $ $
    at first i believed it was all about the money.....

then i gave the 10club the benefit of the doubt and said maybe they were just trying to minimize the amount of tickets the scalpers were able to obtain...i know more than one ticket broker who is also a 10club member....
  • Options
    to this day.....

I agree... I might have sacrificed my Vegas trip to go to Hawaii. I mean I can't complain too much since being on the east coast gives me the opportunity to drive a relatively short distance and see anywhere between 5 and 8 shows but the slowly trickled show announcements suck.
    If we had an idea of where they were touring, we could plan accordingly. Like instead of seeing 5 east coast shows, take that time and money and plan a nice west coast trip and see 3 shows in a different atmosphere... or go to Hawaii :D

sg3- you said it and I agree.... fans are sheep lol
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    to this day.....

you would have rather gone to hawaii than philly or grand rapids?? you're wacky! ;):D

seriously, there has to be a valid reason as to why they announced the tour the way they did......
  • Options
    ...this is my problem with this kinda thread...

I too am in the South well I'm in South Florida ... anyways I travelled to Philly, New Jersey and Seattle to see them last year.. probably would have anyways even if they had played FL...

But I just can't imagine 10C and the band and Management just delaying information because they feel like fucking with everybody's schedules and bank accounts ...

2003 was announced well in advance with all the dates...and citites and it was only add ons that were surprise... so its not like they have a habit of doing this type of thing... it was frustrating but I'm sure there was a good reason for how screwed up the announcement of the dates was... I'm sure they didn't plan to do it like that...

I can't imagine the next one being like that .... people have bitched about this SOOOO much that's I'm sure 10C got the message. IMO

PS: Last year I meant 2006.. not used to change of year yet :p
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    you would have rather gone to hawaii than philly or grand rapids?? you're wacky! ;):D

seriously, there has to be a valid reason as to why they announced the tour the way they did......

announcing a tour one show at a time....
    giving people 1-2 days to decide if they are going to buy tickets.....
    then announcing a couple of more shows a day or two later....

was complete fucking nonsense.....no matter what the reason was...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

well i did say valid not good....:)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    mensane wrote:

True Statement.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options

See.... had I not flown to Philly because of no FL dates... you would have never met me! :p
  • Options
    See.... had I not flown to Philly because of no FL dates... you would have never met me! :p

at that shows you just how silly it is to announce the shows one at a time....

i went to philly in 2003....and had a miserable time....

and then went back in 2006.....and it was worse....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............................

hello ROCKSTAR!!!!!!
  • Options

hello ROCKSTAR!!!!!!

Yeah Chicago was a great time... as long as you didn't mind hearing gunshots or Lupe Fiasco :D

Admin

• Options

hello ROCKSTAR!!!!!!

Hello Sunshine!

I've been to better shows than the 2006 Philly shows as well... but Philly its always a cheap destination to fly to when they tour and I like racking up shows as you probably already know :D
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    fanch75 wrote:
    To hell with all those redneck, Bible-thumping racist bigoted hicks.
    :::: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

hmmm...hypocrite?
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Yeah Chicago was a great time... as long as you didn't mind hearing gunshots or Lupe Fiasco :D
    when fucking fiasco went on stage.....

had i owned a gun.....

i would have put it right to my head....

hahahahaha................
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    carbon436 wrote:
    :::: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

hmmm...hypocrite?

It was sarcasm.

However, it's also the opinion of a number of board folk.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    hopefully the 10C has learned from the last tour
    and won't throw us all into full on panic mode for the next one.

hopefully.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    not only should they tell us were they are gonna play but also where they aren't gonna play, I could have done the entire run of shows in Cali as well as the Gorge if I had know they weren't gonna play down here, TC is the worst fanclub when it comes to giving us important information
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    I'm really not one to talk, but that said some of ya'll missed out on going to Vegas or Hawaii for shows? Wow
    Jw
  • Options
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I'm really not one to talk, but that said some of ya'll missed out on going to Vegas or Hawaii for shows? Wow
    Jw
    but its all good.....cuz i got to go to CINCY!!!!!

the holy grail of pearl jam shows......

hehehehehe..........