Favourite Tyrannosaurus Rex/T Rex album

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I've always preferred the "brown" album, T Rex (1970). It's got all the bonkers wizard gumbo stuff of the early period, and it's got some of the glam balls of Electric Warrior (1971), without being too commercial. It's perfectly diverse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ELECTRIC WARRIOR
    close second
    THE GREATEST HITS 1971-1977 A-SIDES.

t.rex fuckin rules.

i own both records you speak of on vinyl, i love them both. the only time ive seen the a-sides on wax, its been 50$ due to it being a japanese import. no thanks.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I inherited all my big brother's Bolan collection, when he left home in about '77. I've an original Solid Gold Easy Action single looking right at me.

Bolan's the first pop star I can remember, as a tiny kid (circa 1975), even though he was already in steep decline by that time. It's a shame he never cracked the States. He had an ego that would make Robbie Williams look like a Buddhist monk, and that must have pissed off the "heavy" US journos of the time, but maaaan, his music is fun! Even the shite is fantastic shite.
  • The Slider
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Ive only ever heard Electric Warrior & some Greatest Hits album, there were some unusually named records: "Zinc Alloy and the hidden riders of tomorrow" "My people were fair and had sky in their hair", also I think there may have been a song called: "A Beard of Stars"
  • Kg12Kg12 Posts: 18
    I like Electric Warrior the best, not too keen on the earlier hippier stuff!
    My Brother used to have an album with a song called "King of the rumbling spires" sounds very un-T-Rex to me!
  • Kg12 wrote:
    I like Electric Warrior the best, not too keen on the earlier hippier stuff!
    My Brother used to have an album with a song called "King of the rumbling spires" sounds very un-T-Rex to me!

That was a single, originally, and it's turned up on a couple of compilations. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that was the first electric song Marc recorded since he was in that band John's Children.
  • elmer wrote:
    Ive only ever heard Electric Warrior & some Greatest Hits album, there were some unusually named records: "Zinc Alloy and the hidden riders of tomorrow" "My people were fair and had sky in their hair", also I think there may have been a song called: "A Beard of Stars"

A Beard of Stars was the fourth of the early albums, and the first to feature Mickey Finn. There's a song by that name on the album, too.
  • Kg12Kg12 Posts: 18
    That was a single, originally, and it's turned up on a couple of compilations. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that was the first electric song Marc recorded since he was in that band John's Children.

Did the single get anywhere? I can just about remember "Children Of The Revolution" but not anything before really ( Get It On, Telegram Sam era )
  • It's before my time, too. The first T Rex single I can actually remember is New York City, by which time Marc looked like one of those women on the Springer show. King of the Rumbling Spires reached the dizzy heights of #44, back in 1969.