One Great Irish Musician

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I removed the link. I shouldn't be introducing different kinds of music to run of the mill rock fans.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    You ever heard Rory Gallagher? That guy is possibly the greatest irish rocker to walk onto a stage. Really fantastic musician.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • I followed the link. I really wanted to like it, but the first 'song' didn't even get started; just three notes continuously being picked, hardly genius. I got bored. Sorry. Show me some songs.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • youtube rory gallagher to see/hear some great songs.

also wiki him to come to know about the person. how come he isnt so famous as the rest??
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • I followed the link. I really wanted to like it, but the first 'song' didn't even get started; just three notes continuously being picked, hardly genius. I got bored. Sorry. Show me some songs.

Arvo Part is a minimalist composer, too. He doesn't write "songs" either. Stick with Tool, or something, then.
  • Arvo Part is a minimalist composer, too. He doesn't write "songs" either. Stick with Tool, or something, then.

Tool sucks. I've no problem with minimalism, my favourite band is Sigur Ros at the moment; most of their songs sound like 'parts of songs', rather than whole ones. And I love Irish Folk music. I should've liked this; I only heard one song for 1 minute. Maybe he uses a few more notes after the minute I listened to and I should've kept listening.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    is this trad music? i miss sitting in the pubs listening to those guys play their hearts out...

im glad this wasnt a damien rice thread.

personally, i cast my vote of the moment for gary lightbody.