tv on the radio

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anybody here seen them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I aint seen them but I got the new album Return To Cookie Mountain, which I enjoyed, especialy loving the song Playhouses.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have not seen them but i have their old album and loved it. Starring at the Sun is a brillant song. I would think that could have been a radio hit.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Unfortunately haven't seen them yet...would love to. One of the most interesting bands around now.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,869
    saw them live at sasquatch festival this year. They played a very good set, nice to see some soul and real R&B in indie music.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    saw them live at sasquatch festival this year. They played a very good set, nice to see some soul and real R&B in indie music.
    What he said.

"Ambulance"!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    wanted to see them at sasquatch but we showed up juust after their set finished on the friday.. I heard both their albums and really like their stuff.. definetely original stuff

trent reznor is in love with these guys for a reason
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i saw them a couple years ago when they opened for the faint in miami @ the polish-american club. aside from the awful sound...they were amazing...so much emotion!! i'm a HUGE fan. just getting into the new album. and i love, love, love "ambulance"!!! "and i will be your screeching crash, if you will be my crutch and cast." such the love song :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    definately check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NR7Z_uAi3I
  • i haven't seen tv on the radio but i just want to add that right now return to cookie mountain is topping my 'best of the year' list. i love them and would love to see them live
  • crashing88crashing88 Posts: 239
    Funny enough I haven't heard their music but have met them. My band was playing a show here in Atlanta and they came to hang out. They were in town with Trent and the fellows. Cool guys.
    JSBE wrote:
    definately check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NR7Z_uAi3I
    Awesome video.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
    Their new album is really good and they have such a unique sound. My favorite tracks off the new album are wolf like me and Dirtywhirl. I had tickets to see them at bowery in NY but never made it to the show...hopefully next time around I'll be there.

AngryCitizen.org
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Anybody here seen them?
    i was standing next to them at a sonic youth gig a couple of weeks ago.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    cool video.. really really diggin this guys their new album is fantastic and a grower
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Wolf like me is the catchiest song I've heard for ages... I cannot stop listening to it.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I've heard few songs and they sound like a great band, they have awesome reviews, hope to get their record soon!!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
    Let The Devil In is possible candidate for song of the year.

• id agree with that viggs... province is a fucking hot track too (with bowie on backing vocals) i adore this band..
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    anybody else in the US anticipating finally being able to pick Return to Cookie Mountain up tuesday?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I have no idea why it's been so difficult to locate a copy of this CD....Tower, Best Buy, etc...but it's truly pissed me off.

But I'm all better now since someone's *gifted* me a copy. Having friends who are fans or real music does make life that much easier.

Still I'd like to purchase the CD...you know, contribute to their retirement funds. If the music is quality, I have no issue with actually paying for it.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    dharma69 wrote:
    I have no idea why it's been so difficult to locate a copy of this CD....Tower, Best Buy, etc...but it's truly pissed me off.

But I'm all better now since someone's *gifted* me a copy. Having friends who are fans or real music does make life that much easier.

Still I'd like to purchase the CD...you know, contribute to their retirement funds. If the music is quality, I have no issue with actually paying for it.
    If youare in the US, it doesn't come out until tomorrow. It has been out for at least a month(I think closer to 2) across the pond and it has been leaked for a LONG, LONG time.
  • nycmalenycmale Posts: 251
    they are performing on letterman tomorrow night for anyone interested. enjoy !
    nycmale wrote:
    they are performing on letterman tomorrow night for anyone interested. enjoy !

nice, thanks!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I forgot to get the new album today so i'm headed back out tomorrow to get it. Any reviews of it so far?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    i'm not overly a big fan of these guys.. especially because of how they always shit on mars volta.. but this review is dead on..

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/37203/TV_on_the_Radio_Return_to_Cookie_Mountain
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    bharQ wrote:
    i'm not overly a big fan of these guys.. especially because of how they always shit on mars volta.. but this review is dead on..

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/37203/TV_on_the_Radio_Return_to_Cookie_Mountain

that makes me like em even more ;)

i just got back from seeing these guys live... they were fucking incredible. it was very impressive to see them pull off their songs live and the rocked out hard. helluva way to kick off my 4 show concert spring break. next up: brand new, hold steady (on st patty's... oh shit!), and bloc party.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    have not seen them yet. let me just add my five cents:

return to cookie mountain is a masterpiece.
    can't believe nobody has mentioned blues from downd here which is unquestionably the best song on that album!
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    We saw them open for NIN, but have to admit that we were wandering around and didn't watch their whole set. To make up for it, we're seeing them next month and I know it will be a great show.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Got my ticket to see them in Atlanta on 4/13!!!

Wolf Like Me and Hours are my favorite songs from the new album.