Options

Does anyone know of any good, general music forums?

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Not just "heavy rock" forums. I mean music forums in general, dealing with all kinds of popular music.

I've tried googling, but results aren't helpful: They go by most-linked, rather than by most relevant to enquiry.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lukins fridgelukins fridge Posts: 237
    Not just "heavy rock" forums. I mean music forums in general, dealing with all kinds of popular music.

I've tried googling, but results aren't helpful: They go by most-linked, rather than by most relevant to enquiry.

you could try the forum at woxy.com

it's an alternative internet radio station - pretty popular. the music played is alternative.

the board members are on the music snob (think a lighter version of pitchforkmedia.com) side, but very informative.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Weirdears is pretty nice. Not very general though.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    capybaraletcapybaralet Posts: 145
    http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com

It'll get you educated and probably insulted a lot, but it's a prettty good board.

It is all based, ideally, around lists of the greatest _________, but there's a ton more discussion than just "The Who vs. Led Zeppelin"
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    digitaldreamdoor is probably the dumbest forum I've ever been part of, and that's saying something. Cheifly because there relentless listing is not at all in line with how I think about music.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Echoes wrote:
    digitaldreamdoor is probably the dumbest forum I've ever been part of, and that's saying something. Cheifly because there relentless listing is not at all in line with how I think about music.

I just explored it. You're right. And I thought Q Magazine had the monopoly on pointless "100 Greatest" lists.