Brian Eno, "Music For Airports"

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone a fan of this album?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Anyone a fan of this album?

Yeah, amazing.....Can't believe you know it. I also like "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts w/David Byrne. Check it out.
  • Can't believe? I've got 3000 plus vinyl albums, mate. Not to mention the rest. ;)
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Wow- that's quite a collection!

Cheers!

PS- You said "Mate", does that mean you think I'm a dude? Or is it a general term....cause someone earlier thought I was a dude too. Maybe I should change my user name....???
  • seagoat2 wrote:
    Wow- that's quite a collection!

Cheers!

PS- You said "Mate", does that mean you think I'm a dude? Or is it a general term....cause someone earlier thought I was a dude too. Maybe I should change my user name....???

"Mate" means buddy, pal, etc.. You can have mates, pals and buddies, whether they're male, female, bird, animal, droid, ghost-apparation, dinosaur, or strings of rather appealing anti-matter. :)
  • Can't believe? I've got 3000 plus vinyl albums, mate. Not to mention the rest. ;)

Can I go to your house?;)

Man, this album must sound awesome on vinyl. I'm hooked on Music For Films right now, though Airports might be better. The thing I can't believe is that this kind of music was done 30 plus years ago. Wow.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    "Mate" means buddy, pal, etc.. You can have mates, pals and buddies, whether they're male, female, bird, animal, droid, ghost-apparation, dinosaur, or strings of rather appealing anti-matter. :)

I love it -- you did not leave out 'droid!'

Dude -- you kick major ass! 3,000 records!!!??? I am into vinyl too. Also big into two-channel audio. There are severeal really serious companies into producing two-channel equipment from your country -- Rega and PMC to name a few. I love the approach Rega takes to design, function, and practicality.

Maybe you've read about this, maybe not -- EMI's pressing plants are cranking up again: http://www.musicangle.com/feat.php?id=131
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    i don't have the whole album but that single track is amazing. i put it on repeat a lot going to sleep.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"