Julian Cope.

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Well?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    World, shut your mouth... shut your mouth... Put your head back in the clouds, and shut your mouth...

:)

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    I love saint julian.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Lots of interesting reading here: http://www.headheritage.com/
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Jehovahkill is great.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • dirt wrote:
    Jehovahkill is great.

It is. And I rate Peggy Suicide in the top double albums I've ever heard. It doesn't drag a bit.

That Head Heritage site is good stuff.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    It is. And I rate Peggy Suicide in the top double albums I've ever heard. It doesn't drag a bit.

That Head Heritage site is good stuff.

Teardrop Explodes was a little before my time, but they used to recieve a lot of good press back in the late 80's/early 90's...I remember buying My Nation Underground after seeing a video on 120 Minutes...ehhh, didn't quite do it for me. Next up was an import (I live in the US) vinyl copy of Skellington. I think that guy did a lot of acid or something...a real freaky song on there about Robert Mitchum? Wish I kept that one as I am quite sure a lot of his stuff is out of print. Never heard Peggy Suicide, but yeah, jackpot on Jehovahkill...Upwards at 45 Degrees, Soul Desert...it has a a very raw sound and the music jams and goes all over the place.

...........okay, now I feel stupid. Just went to the link above and yep, you can still get Skellington but no Jehovahkill.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Well?
    The Teardrop Explodes were great but the guy's a mentalist :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"