Desert Island Discs - The Survivor Version

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited September 2006 in Other Music
If you were shipwrecked on a desert island, and had to decide on only one song or musical composition, to hear, on a nonstop loop, for the entire length of your stranded life, what would it be?

Remember, you're without any means of suicide or other entertainment. You have to listen to this song, all the time.

What would it be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run. If it's an album it would be the Born to Run album.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Nope. One song. Take note, one song. One song. One song. That's all you get. One song. One song. One song. All your life. One song. Apply to the head, One song, Apply directly...
  • "Big Muff" is my choice.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Redemption Song.
  • I would pick an extremely quiet little piano song or something. I couldnt deal with hearing any song nonstop no matter how good it was
  • R.E.M.'s "Binky the Doormat"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    echoes by pink floyd. so that by the time they found me id be mad as a hatter.

honestly, i dont think there's any song i could listen to nonstop for the rest of my life. i would lose it. now if it was a matter of only having one song to play whenever i felt like it, that'd be a diff story. but if it was playing in a continuous loop for all eternity... id be ready to kill someone.
  • "storm" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    There's an experimental song where someone times silence with a stop-watch in a concert hall. I think I'd go for that one. :)

Silence would work because then I could still imagine any song in my head! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run. If it's an album it would be the Born to Run album.

brillant first reply I was going to say Thunder road.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    love is the peace - arto tunc boyaciyan
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'd take Motorpsycho's Un chien d'espace K9 suit. It is a live version of the song and it lasts 50 minutes.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    I'll take "My Sister Is My Clock" by Deus. It's their second album but all the songs are on just one track. I know that's kind of cheating but it does fit the criteria and it's a good album/song (apart from the fact that you can't skip from song to song, you have to fast forward to different times in the one track for each song! Grr!)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • "Shelter From The Storm" - Bob Dylan

it's one of those songs I never think of when I think of my favorite songs but everytime I hear I love it. It's one of those songs I've never got sick of even though I've heard it literally about 1000 times.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"