Have you ever met anyone who says, "I hate music"?

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Such people do exist. I've met one. Someone who hates all music. Have you met anyone who will say they hate music? It seems so weird to me that anyone could possibly take that position, but it takes all sorts to make a world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Yes, It was the last time I ever spoke to them.
    A very weird thing to say indeed. How is that even possible?

EDIT: I realise how this makes me sound like a wanker. The person was NOT a friend of mine. If I liked someone who hated music then I wouldn't understand it but I wouldn't stop speaking to them :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    They do exist, I had a coupla buddies over the years who've proudly boasted to me that the "never bought a record, ever", I mean not ever...most people have a flirtation at the very least. I'm have to say my interest is completely the opposite of theirs, I've been obsessed since a young un with you magicians who make these sounds, I love it :D always have done.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I've met people who have said 'music's not really my sort of thing'! Considering all the different types of music I find it hard to believe that a person couldn't find something they didn't enjoy.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I know people that simply don't listen to music (which I find weird). But someone who hates music? :eek: How is that even possible?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I know people that simply don't listen to music (which I find weird). But someone who hates music? :eek: How is that even possible?

They have no soul.....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Oh, it's possible, believe me. This person hates music so much that when he heard there was a track called The Sound of Silence on the pub jukebox, he thought that meant it was a silent track, and put it on fourteen times. Hahaha.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

yeah i've known people that were indifferent to music but actually hate it? crazy talk i say :)
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    it took until around freshman year of high school for me to even care about music. now its my life.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    My girlfriends father might not hate it but he listens to absolutely no music. Doesnt own any music, doesnt listen to it in the car, etc. He doesnt like sports either!
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • My girlfriends father might not hate it but he listens to absolutely no music. Doesnt own any music, doesnt listen to it in the car, etc. He doesnt like sports either!

so what does he like?!?! lol
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    so what does he like?!?! lol

working
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Oh, it's possible, believe me. This person hates music so much that when he heard there was a track called The Sound of Silence on the pub jukebox, he thought that meant it was a silent track, and put it on fourteen times. Hahaha.

Hahaha, that's awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Oh, it's possible, believe me. This person hates music so much that when he heard there was a track called The Sound of Silence on the pub jukebox, he thought that meant it was a silent track, and put it on fourteen times. Hahaha.

Was it The Dickies version? that would have kicked arse and quite possibly drove him more insane than he already was.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My girlfriends father might not hate it but he listens to absolutely no music. Doesnt own any music, doesnt listen to it in the car, etc. !

Goodness thats weird.Not owning any music.My collection took over my house years ago.I had to get my collection and stereo system insured seperately.Its my most precious valuable possessions.

I have met a few people who hated music.Strangely they were all men,which really surprised me,most men are into some kind of music.
    I just cant relate to people who dont like music.It about all I talk about at every chance I get.
    I met a guy once who was fond of saying that he feels like taking a room full of music fans out with a ak47 when music is played.

Yes he was a twat of the highest order.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I can't say I've met anyone who "hated" music, but I've met many who could really care less about it. They don't have favorite artists, they can't name songs or albums that moved them... I think the last thought to enter their mind would be to go turn on the stereo.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I think some people think of it as something 'young' people do. When they get older it becomes just background. Not for me though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    Such people do exist. I've met one. Someone who hates all music. Have you met anyone who will say they hate music? It seems so weird to me that anyone could possibly take that position, but it takes all sorts to make a world.

Yes, my former boss hates music. He said this several times. One day, when was asked again for someone, said: i dont like music, actually i hate, but i listened Bjork e may be i liked her, i´m not sure....Crazy, i couldn´t believe.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what a wild thread!

i base all my friendships on music. and all of my past relationships. if i can't relate to a girl on a musical level, what's the point? i met my girlfriend (of 7 years) in line at a Hatebreed show in 1999... we didn't get together until 2001.

i'll probably be dropping the "M" question this year..fyi.
  • I can't imagine a life without music, it's always been there for me. "Music is close to the dreaming".

I know people that do not really care to listen to music, or they are very limited to what they listen to, but no actual haters. Hard to imagine that.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Yep, imagine a hater of music who thinks music fans are "weak brained", useless, lazy, good for nothing, and in some way diseased because "they can't think straight". Once a child gets into music, "the brain stops", and they're liable to end up homeless and begging. That's what this hater of music says. I wanted to know if he's unique ...
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Yeah one dude I work with just doesn't like music, it doesn't do anything for him. He's a decent bloke, but when he first told me my reaction was something like "Wait.... WHAT?!" lol
  • One of my best friends is like that. Our little clan has been to hundreds of different shows and events and he's never gone to one. He did to a benefit show our friends played for another friend once, but that was it.

He is more into movies and sports than he is into music. The thing is he's totally normal, except for this one thing :D
    NERDS!
  • Haha, did I say this person is my dad? And now, after all these years of hating music, he has a musician for a son. Talk about karma. hahahaha. :D