Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    it would be fab!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    probably eventually
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    hopefully it will be auctioned with the money going to charity or something. thats if it is ever released
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    actually, Paul McCartney wanted to release The Carnival of Light on Anthology 2 but Geroge Harrison was against the idea because he said he doesn't really like Avant-garde music. The instrumental versions of Within You Without You and Elenor Rigby that appear on the album take it's place.

this song and the entire Helter Skelter take 2 (which runs over 20 mins but was cut to about 4 mins for Anthology 3) are the two most sought-after Beatles bootlegs that have never actually been bootlegged.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I heard the long Helter Skelter years ago, so it was doing the rounds at some point. But Carnival of Light has always been a recondite treasure.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    I heard the long Helter Skelter years ago, so it was doing the rounds at some point. But Carnival of Light has always been a recondite treasure.

how could Helter Skelter have made the rounds if it never made it onto bootlegs? I'm sure someone out there would have copied it and then, like all bootlegs, it would get circulated for years until it is finally safe in my archives like every other Beatles bootleg I have tried to find.

but if you really have heard it, please describe the track for me. Helter Skelter is top 3 for me when it comes to Beatles songs (and maybe just songs in general) and I also love the slow methodical groove of the Anthology 3 track. is this long version like that the whole time or does it eventually evolve to the firery guitar work that would be the basis for the White Album master?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Rubber Soul through the White Album is quite possibly the best succession of recorded music ever. :o

:cool:
  • how could Helter Skelter have made the rounds if it never made it onto bootlegs? I'm sure someone out there would have copied it and then, like all bootlegs, it would get circulated for years until it is finally safe in my archives like every other Beatles bootleg I have tried to find.

but if you really have heard it, please describe the track for me. Helter Skelter is top 3 for me when it comes to Beatles songs (and maybe just songs in general) and I also love the slow methodical groove of the Anthology 3 track. is this long version like that the whole time or does it eventually evolve to the firery guitar work that would be the basis for the White Album master?

Well, I seem to recall John takes a lead solo and even has a go at tenor sax(!) Paul could actually play his wind instruments, but only played bass and lead on the track, as far as I know. Mal Evans has a bang on trumpet. What I heard of the jam sounds like some real-time switcharounds between instruments, but it's likely there are some overdubs too. I'd be much better at spotting these things by ear, now. I heard it in 1985, when I was thirteen.
  • Well, I seem to recall John takes a lead solo and even has a go at tenor sax(!) Paul could actually play his wind instruments, but only played bass and lead on the track, as far as I know. Mal Evans has a bang on trumpet. What I heard of the jam sounds like some real-time switcharounds between instruments, but it's likely there are some overdubs too. I'd be much better at spotting these things by ear, now. I heard it in 1985, when I was thirteen.

I think you're confused. You're describing the album version.
  • JWBusher wrote:
    I think you're confused. You're describing the album version.

No, that's another take, and it's faster.