John Martyn completely pwning Ben Harper's Excuse Me Mister

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nepalnepal Posts: 143
    Great video! Just got into John Martyn, only heard Solid Air, what a great album that is! What should I get next? Where is this video from?
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
  • I would get Bless The Weather, Inside Out, Sunday's Child, Live at Leeds, One World, Grace and Danger, and On The Cobbles.

And If you want to hear the most incredible fingerpicking acoustic, which makes Jimmy Page sound as if his fingers are scotch taped together in comparison, get John's early album The Tumbler.

That video is from The Transatlantic Sessions, a BBC series JM got involved in, back in the 1990s.

Here's something a lot older:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1kWiqKBAig
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Oh my god! This was totally awesome! Thanks for posting!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • John Martyn is fucking brilliant.

I will say this:

I have been to PJ gigs since 1992, I love 'em.

But there's nothing, I mean nothing, like John Martyn live.

I'd rather be with an animal?

Hear John covering Skip James's I'd Rather Be The Devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYCG5wZ9op8
  • Looks like I'm in the minority here...not a fan. Drunk karaoke anyone?

Upon further review those older videos, Make No Mistake and I'd Rather Be The Devil, were fantastic. The Ben Harper cover was just horrible, especially the vocals.
  • You're just too young of heart. ;)
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Looks like I'm in the minority here...not a fan. Drunk karaoke anyone?

Upon further review those older videos, Make No Mistake and I'd Rather Be The Devil, were fantastic. The Ben Harper cover was just horrible, especially the vocals.
    i thought that video stunk... it was like he was yawning the entire time he was singing.. and it was making me yawn...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • oppie1 wrote:
    i thought that video stunk... it was like he was yawning the entire time he was singing.. and it was making me yawn...

To be correct, you should have said "stank" rather than "stunk", but then, you do suffer from ADD.
  • Looks like I'm in the minority here...not a fan. Drunk karaoke anyone?

Was it the shit, uninspiring song, which couldn't coax a fart from a genius?

Only joking, Ben. Just testing these wankers. ;)
  • oppie1 wrote:

He was yawning at you. :p
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzKBfGx7WBI

You think the wankers you like would do that (play it in their wheelchair), and die playing music? Fucking snobs.
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    I´m suprised how little attention John Martyn gets on this board. There´s a new AIC, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Soungarden or was Nirvana the greatest band ever, or someone vs. someone thread here every week. We need more threads about the living legend John Martyn!
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzKBfGx7WBI

You think the wankers you like would do that (play it in their wheelchair), and die playing music? Fucking snobs.
    is he dead then?

Id never heard of him till a year ago, got Solid Air and I felt that Id heard many of the songs before, not just a sense but I think I actually had.