If The Beatles had made one more album together in 1970-71

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Pick songs from the respective members' solo albums (Lennon's God and How Do You Sleep? obviously discounted) up to and including 1971, that you think would have made it onto an official band release and been "Beatley".

I'll save my own suggestion for later on!

Edit: I just found out that "Woman is the Nigger of The World" by John, released in 1972, dates back to 1968. That early, huh?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    if Abbey Road was any indication, as well as the state of rock music at the time, I think that a 1970 Beatles album would have been very guitar driven.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Abbey Road is also pretty Moog driven ... but the studio was notoriously antiquated. I wonder if The Beatles would have moved out to other studios, using Olympic more, or even Electric Lady in New York?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Let It Be.
    'Abbey Road' is the perfect way to end their career.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    Let It Be.
    'Abbey Road' is the perfect way to end their career.

Yeah, but say Yoko ran off with Kate Millett, or somethin', back in 1970. C'mon, hypothefookinsise! :D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Yeah, but say Yoko ran off with Kate Millett, or somethin', back in 1970. C'mon, hypothefookinsise! :D
    I agree with Cosmo....it ended properly. Yoko is not solely to blame....that said, I am not a fan of hers, but there were other issues.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • You ever heard A Toot and a Snore in '74? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Toot_and_a_Snore_in_%2774

Fookin' horrible!

And heard about this apocryphal thing?

http://www.momentsintime.com/Beatles%20Reunion.htm

C'mon, back to the Finstah project!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    tybird wrote:
    I agree with Cosmo....it ended properly. Yoko is not solely to blame....that said, I am not a fan of hers, but there were other issues.
    Ever see the 'Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus'?
    Recorded in 1968, there is a super group comprised of John Lennon on vocals and guitar, Eric Clapton in his prime on lead guitar, Keith Richards on bass and Hendrix drummer Mitch Mithchell on drums. They do a GREAT version of 'Yer Blues' and start off this great old style blues jam that sounds fucking amazing... then... Yoko steps up to the mic. She starts screaming like a fucking monkey, totally ruining it.
    "Hey Yoko, shut the fuck up and crawl back into the goddamn bag!!!"
    Plus... The Who. 'A Quick One' that previews how and why they will become the greatest live act of the 1970s... argueably, of all time.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • So, I'm choosing Maybe I'm Amazed as the first track...
    Cosmo wrote:
    Recorded in 1968, there is a super group comprised of John Lennon on vocals and guitar, Eric Clapton in his prime on lead guitar, Keith Richards on bass and Hendrix drummer Mitch Mithchell on drums. They do a GREAT version of 'Yer Blues' and start off this great old style blues jam that sounds fucking amazing... then... Yoko steps up to the mic. She starts screaming like a fucking monkey, totally ruining it.
    Plus... The Who. 'A Quick One' that previews how and why they will become the greatest live act of the 1970s... argueably, of all time.
    That woman gives Banshees a bad name.....awful, awful sounds spill from her mouth. You really can't call what she does "singing."

Another trivia fact about the "Circus".......the version of Jethro Tull seen there included a new guitarist for the band...who would soon go back to his other mates in a band called Earth...later to be known as Black Sabbath..Tony Iommi was that guitarist.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    So, I'm choosing Maybe I'm Amazed as the first track...
    Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
  • It Don't Come Easy by Ringo has got to be in there.

Edit: I could talk for hours about that ill-fated Stones special, but that would be hijackin' me own feckin' thread. :p
  • SIDE 1
    1. What Is Life
    2. Remember
    3. Every Night
    4. Watching Rainbows
    5. Gimme Some Truth
    6. Imagine

SIDE 2
    1. Instant Karma
    2. All Things Must Pass
    3. I Don't Want To Be A Soldier
    4. Jealous Guy
    5. Junk
    6. Maybe I'm Amazed

It's a bit Lennon-heavy, but I think this was his peak period. I would have liked to include more songs from Plastic Ono Band (Mother, I Found Out & God) but these are so clearly Lennon solo tracks, so they wouldn't really fit on a Beatles album.

I don't think there was a worthy Ringo song from this era.

Also - DON'T BLAME YOKO
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    SIDE 1
    1. What Is Life
    2. Remember
    3. Every Night
    4. Watching Rainbows
    5. Gimme Some Truth
    6. Imagine

SIDE 2
    1. Instant Karma
    2. All Things Must Pass
    3. I Don't Want To Be A Soldier
    4. Jealous Guy
    5. Junk
    6. Maybe I'm Amazed

It's a bit Lennon-heavy, but I think this was his peak period. I would have liked to include more songs from Plastic Ono Band (Mother, I Found Out & God) but these are so clearly Lennon solo tracks, so they wouldn't really fit on a Beatles album.

I don't think there was a worthy Ringo song from this era.

Also - DON'T BLAME YOKO

Great list.

By the way, am I the only one that think the 'Maybe I'm Amazed' solo sounds really George Harrison?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Pick songs from the respective members' solo albums (Lennon's God and How Do You Sleep? obviously discounted) up to and including 1971, that you think would have made it onto an official band release and been "Beatley".

I'll save my own suggestion for later on!

Edit: I just found out that "Woman is the Nigger of The World" by John, released in 1972, dates back to 1968. That early, huh?

Ok. I'm going to break from your guideline and say that a 2005 album, saying all members are living, and that all new material be submitted, might be something to behold.

Ooo. I just thought of a song.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Cosmo wrote:

yeah but two years later both Clapton and Lennon were in the height of terrible herion addiction.

I would have thought that IF it had happened at least half of it could have been George harrison material.

A quick was amazing live. I remember seeing it back about eight or nine years ago and was stunned by the sheer energy of it plus the water on Moon's drums

The one thing that was missing of all the beatle solo outputs is the amazing harmonies that they had as a group.
  • This should be rechristened the ADD forum. :rolleyes:

Any more submissions?