help!

AliAli Posts: 2,621
edited October 2006 in Other Music
any cool bands to shop/give to that are poor starving artists and NOT rich?

I like anything from classical to punk to metal to pop.....

i could use some friends help....:)
allison
A whisper and a thrill
A whisper and a chill
adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
The 11th Commandment.
"Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Check out Russian Circles, I've shown them around and everyone I talk to loves their album 'Enter'. It was just released.

Key Track - Carpe

My Morning Jacket is amazing, and they seem like a 'low-budget' type of a band.

Secret Machines - Amazing live shows, great 1st album, Now Here Is Nowhere.

Kings of Leon have put out two of my favorite albums, Aha-Shake Heartbreak and Youth & Young Manhood. Give 'em a listen, you'll dig.

Some others I can't put my finger on right now.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Check out Russian Circles, I've shown them around and everyone I talk to loves their album 'Enter'. It was just released.

Key Track - Carpe

My Morning Jacket is amazing, and they seem like a 'low-budget' type of a band.

Secret Machines - Amazing live shows, great 1st album, Now Here Is Nowhere.

Kings of Leon have put out two of my favorite albums, Aha-Shake Heartbreak and Youth & Young Manhood. Give 'em a listen, you'll dig.

Some others I can't put my finger on right now.
    i just dont want to support any rich bastards.
    oh, and,dont ask me what I'm listeningto/on.....:D
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Well, what are you 5 most listened to bands?
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I have a good friend from High School (10 yrs ago) who is finally getting a start in the world of music... perhaps I am biased, but I think he is really good! Super nice human being too.

check him out :) I'd love to hear what you think.

http://www.tomrhodesmusic.com

I particularly like Breathe and Lion... you can listen if you look under the music section.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Ali wrote:
    i just dont want to support any rich bastards.
    oh, and,dont ask me what I'm listeningto/on.....:D

The only reason major labels (yes this includes sub pop and other "indie" labels as well) take risks on signing "poor" artists is based on the long running success of classic, and mainstream artists. (AKA your jay-zs, tupacs, beyonces, britney spears, justin timberlakes, beatles, led zeppelins, pink floyds.) Basically any album thats garanteed to sell millions or thousands of copies for years and years to come.

So all in all, if it wasn't for these "rich bastards" all these "poor" artists would still be playing in their garage with zero media outlets/ support.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Try 'We the Vehicles' by Maritime (ex-Promise Ring). Great album. I do know the guys and they're all really, really nice guys who aren't rich. They all still have crappy day jobs. Three of the four members have had new babies in the past few months, so they could use help.

http://www.amazon.com/We-Vehicles-Maritime/dp/B000EXDRQM/sr=8-1/qid=1161302342/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-6859408-5221750?ie=UTF8

Edit: The guys' wives/girlfriends have had the babies, not the actual guys. That would be just plain wierd, and painful. :)
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06