Options

No Love for the VA Bch Show?.....

weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I'm really excited about PJ playing this venue - I love it! But I don't see much buzz about the show on the board. Guess I'll have great seats huh? But it would be nice to know that other 10C members will be there.....
~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
Henry David Thoreau
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    that is what I'm hoping. I think there is like 15 people on this board that have said they are going...so I'm thinking I'm a lock for row 1,2,9 or 10
  • Options
    bigshashabigshasha Posts: 38
    i'm going. the last va beach show was awesome, hopefully they'll tag daughter with "it's ok" again this time. and i'm hoping they'll play more than 1 song with KOL since its their last night on the tour.
    I wanna run like the lions.
  • Options
    debzilladebzilla Posts: 38
    then enjoying the show!...maybe it wont rain all day this time
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I'll sit on the beach for FOUR days and then enjoy the show. :)

I'm psyched for this. It will a little mini vacation and my first show of the tour.

I love Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    debzilladebzilla Posts: 38
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I'll sit on the beach for FOUR days and then enjoy the show. :)

I'm psyched for this. It will a little mini vacation and my first show of the tour.

I love Pearl Jam.

gotta eat at mahi mahi...awesome food!!!
  • Options
    Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    Just booked our hotel on the beach today... cant wait!!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I've said already that I've got a good feeling this is gonna be a special show. Can't wait for this one.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    We might be going to that one. We just have to figure out the kid situation because they won't be out of school yet. :)

Edit: It looks like they took the tickets down. :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I'll be there with my brother - our first PJ show together. Can't wait.
  • Options
    HoosierJamHoosierJam Posts: 104
    i for one will be there with a friend of mine. yeah not much chatter about this one or SC. So hopefully here's to great seats for everybody! dream show for me. my 2 favorite bands........"let the show begin"
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    bigshasha wrote:
    i'm going. the last va beach show was awesome, hopefully they'll tag daughter with "it's ok" again this time. and i'm hoping they'll play more than 1 song with KOL since its their last night on the tour.

I'm hoping Caleb does Hunger Strike
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    weenie wrote:
    I'm really excited about PJ playing this venue - I love it! But I don't see much buzz about the show on the board. Guess I'll have great seats huh? But it would be nice to know that other 10C members will be there.....

Yeah, there aren't really any Pearl Jam fans here. But I will be there! I'm soooo excited to be seeing them in my hometown again!!!
  • Options
    My wife and I decided to vacation in Va and are really excited about the show. Kings of Leon are in my top 10 favorite bands and it will be great to see them too. I really hope it will be a special show because it will be the last date they play with PJ. I agree, hopefully Hunger Strike makes an appearence. Can't wait. Hoping for Row 1.
    1998: Minneapolis
    2000: Alpine Valley (Ice Bowl)
    2003: St. Paul
    2006: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2008: Va. Beach, Milwaukee
    2009: Chicago I

• Options
    j gastonj gaston Seattle Posts: 25
    and a low 10c# - send a pm if interested.
    /Users/j2sue/Desktop/Boston 5:17:10.JPG
  • Options
    prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    We are probably going to the VB one. This is good news that its not too "popular". I hope that this doesn't mean a half assed show if the crowd isn't pumped.
  • Options
    prljmngrl wrote:
    We are probably going to the VB one. This is good news that its not too "popular". I hope that this doesn't mean a half assed show if the crowd isn't pumped.

It won't be a half assed show with all the fresh new faces (hopefully including me) jumping and singing our asses off in the first row.
    1998: Minneapolis
    2000: Alpine Valley (Ice Bowl)
    2003: St. Paul
    2006: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2008: Va. Beach, Milwaukee
    2009: Chicago I

• Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    Well I sure as hell will be there....Going to Columbia Monday night, get up, drive to VA Beach from Charlotte in the morning (about 5.5 hrs), set up camp at First Landing State Park right on Chesapeke Bay and go see the band again on Tuesday night!!! I'm also hoping for one of those ellusive lottery picks for the front but will be happy with what I get....Cuz its PJ baby!! WhooHooo!!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    I'm thrilled! Last time I saw them in Va Beach I wasn't even in the Ten Club yet, so I had grass tickets. It'll be great to see them in my "hometown" area from really nice seats (since Ten Club tickets didn't sell out!).
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    I'll be there, also going to Columbia, flying in to VB the next day at 10 am, so won't be able to party afterwards, well maybe a bit...lol..

I have an extra 10 C for this show 157xxx....pm if interested,

Christopher
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
  • Options
    I'd love to go but lacking the funds.
  • Options
    WaterlilyWaterlily Posts: 71
    I'm going - never been to a PJ show this far south - should be interesting to see if there's a difference in the vibe..

Used to NY, NJ, CT, Boston shows -
    but I am sure VA Beach will rock - after all we'll all be there...
    ...there's a cloud but the Water remains calm
  • Options
    Wow - just got a chance to check back on this thread and YOU ARE going to be there. Like someone earlier said, here's to all of us getting awesome seats... Is there anyway to meetup in the parking lot before we head in? I'd donate a tequila shot to each of you. That's my routine before heading in to a PJ show...... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

Yeah, just spotted the other thread. Thanks! Count me in!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Yeah, my seats were roughly 15 feet from the stage last time I believe (aprox. 8 rows from stage, mike's side)

Member # 158xxx

Best seats i have EVER had for a pearl jam show!
    «---» DC 96' «--» VA Beach 00' «--» DC 03' «--» Asheville 04' «--» Pittsburgh 05' «--» DC & Vegas 06' «--» VA Beach & DC 08' «--» DC 10' «--»
    ♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♪*♫*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫

4,122 miles traveled
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    i'm SSSOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

my fourth pj show.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*